New Smoker

Started by F1D2, July 10, 2010, 02:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F1D2

Well the new smoker came Thursday and the face plate is cracked at the center screw all the way across towards the front but not down to the slider yet. I sent my new warranty info by email, do they email you back with a confirmation that they have it?

I put some clear marine sealant on the crack to keep any moisture out in case I spill some water when putting the pan in and seasoned the smoker by cutting a 2 1/4" maple branch into 1/2" thick peaces. It worked like a charm, now I have to wait for the bisquetts to come. Going to try a butt tomorrow with the maple I cut.

My electric Brinkman died so I figured I'd give the Bradley a go.

Just found this forum, lots of good reads here.

classicrockgriller

F1D2, Glad to have you with Us on the Forum.

You will Love your Bradley.

Just call Bradley on Monday and they will send out your part.

They are Top-Notch service people.

You might want to check out our FAQ's
http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?p=748#post748

recipe site:
http://www.susanminor.org/forums/

Try this link to get your pictures going.
http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showpost.php?p=768&postcount=11

Smoking Duck

Welcome F1D2,

You'll find that all of the magic takes place inside the Bradley anyways  :D

However, Bradley has top notch customer service and they'll take care of you like you were family.  CRG has you hooked up pretty good with info as well.

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

ArnieM

Hi F1D2 and welcome to the forum. 

Sorry to hear about the problem.  I just received my second replacement faceplate for my OBS (and a new door) in less than a year.  Yes, Bradley customer service is great but some of the problems are annoying.  I can understand wear and tear but it shouldn't break so often.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

TestRocket

Welcome to the forum F1D2,

Sorry to hear you had troubles right off the bat, but rest assured Bradley will take care of you and you will be happy here and with your new Bradley!

F1D2

Thanks for the warm welcome, it's nice to be smoking again. I'm not concerned about the face plate now that the crack is sealed unless it starts cracking in more places.

I liked my Masterbuilt but you can't repair/replace anything but the electronic temp/time controller or the door. It died in less than a year and they wanted almost $100 for a new main box to fix my problem. Two of my buddies Masterbuilt's didn't make it past 6 months. Nice smoker, it just doesn't last and you can't repair it. In my first post I said Brinkman, that was my electric bullet smoker before the Masterbuilt, sorry about that.

ArnieM, what happened to the door?

Well my first smoked butt in the OBS turned out great and the clean up was way far less than the Masterbuilt!

ArnieM

The butt looks good F1D2!  Good going.

"ArnieM, what happened to the door?"

The plastic around the outside cracked at the bottom.  The only remedy was to replace the whole door.

Hope your faceplate holds together.  If I were you, I'd call Bradley and get a replacement while it's still under warranty even if you just keep it as a spare.   
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

F1D2

Thanks for the info ArnieM. I have a new face plate on the way and two rear feet also for the front mod I read about.

classicrockgriller

F1D1, Nice job on the Butt!

Did you foil it after the smoke?

Finish pull looks great!

F1D2

classicrockgriller, I smoked it till 145° F then foiled it with four ounces of apple juice, I then returned it to the smoker and brought the meat temp up to 205°, removed it, wrapped it in two towels and put it in a cooler for two hours, removed it and barley cracked open the foil for 20 minutes then fully opened the foil and let it cool for another 20 minutes before removing the meat.

TestRocket

It looks mighty good there F1D2!

F1D2

Thanks TestRocket,

Bellow is a link to a web page I made for my cousin using my Masterbuilt before it died. Guess I need to make a new one with the Bradley  ;D

My Pulled Pork

classicrockgriller

F1D1, I noticed in this http://bassboatowners.com/pulledpork.html

that you stat that you season the butt and wrap in foil.

There has been several discussions that some of the spices (salt) out of the

rub could start attacking the aluminum foil. Most people here on the Forum use

Saran or cello wrap for the over-nite visit to the fridge.

Not trying to criticize just trying to give you heads up in case you didn't know.

squirtthecat

Definitely don't use any vinegar based sauces (Carolina Treet, etc.) and wrap overnight in foil..

You'll have a mess in the morning.

F1D2

classicrockgriller,

Thanks for the heads up on the foil, I wasn't aware of that, the rub we use doesn't have any effect on the foil we cover it with for overnight in the frig before cooking the next day.

"Put the butt in a pan with a lid or cover with foil and let it sit in the fridge overnight."

We use a cooking pan and cover with foil. I'll edit out the foil and insert Saran or cello wrap for covering if not using a lid.