HEATING ELEMENT

Started by BGPEELER, June 14, 2005, 03:33:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BGPEELER

My first smoker caught on fire.  Replaced.  Now heating element is out and screw is "frozen" and cannot remove bracket.  Love the smoker but will look for replacement.  Too much trouble for a "grannie".

MallardWacker

Sorry to hear about this BG,

Are you talking about a Bradley or another type/make of smoker???  Had a fire???  Fill us in.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

BGPEELER

yes, Bradley--smoking meat, opened door and was engulfed with flames.
Ruined smoker and nearly ruined me!!

Chez Bubba

BG,

I know of only one other instance where a Bradley unit has caught fire. I'm sure there are possibly others, but this has been our only customer with that experience.

They got up early & cooked a pork shoulder all day, then decided to put in a brisket to cook overnight for tomorrow. Got up about 1AM to check the smoker & the temp on the door thermometer was pegged to the right. When they opened the door and introduced oxygen to the fat-fire inside, flames shot 20 feet into the air & their smoker basically melted.

Forget the fact that they didn't follow the directions & empty & re-fill the water bowl. Forget the fact that they didn't clean any of the accumulated gunk that clogged the v-shaped pan. Forget the fact that they chose to smoke back-to-back the 2 fattiest cuts of meat known to man. Forget the fact that common sense would say to unplug the smoker & not open the door until the temp came down.

Bradley replaced their smoker. I don't think you can ask a company to stand behind their product any more than that.

Have you tried dribbling some corn oil around the screws & in between the ceramic holders?

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Cold Smoke

As Chez mentioned-The Bradley folks are top drawer!!!!! If Chez properly describes (as I would agree with) the Bradley Family will happily replace your whatever meted parts you have....

Happy Smokin' !!

Cold Smoke

MallardWacker

Could this be another mis-instalation of the V-Pan.  I can see how this might cause this problem also-Maybe the v-pan was left out all together.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

JJC

Hi Barbara,

Welcome to the forum--sorry about your initial experience with the BS.  what have you heard from Customer Service?

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

chungne

take a drill and bit and drill off the head of the screw...once the mount for the element is remove use a Vice Grip and un screw the remaining bolt