What next?

Started by HCT, June 15, 2005, 12:38:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jhurlbur

Thanks Doug for the info and link.  I just ordered one from Cabelas. I'll let you know how the jerky turns out.

John

jaeger

John,
I'm sure you will be happy eith the jerky cannon. One little tip. When you mix up the seasoning with the meat, add just a little more water than usual. This will make stuffing easier.

One more thing, don't be afraid to experiment. Make one tray worth with cheese added, one tray with crushed red pepper etc... The skies the limit!!!

<font size="4"><b>Doug</b></font id="size4">

HCT

Thanks Doug, I saw that one a Carabellas, looked pretty decent. Again, thanks for your help.

Mickey
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

jhurlbur

Doug, thanks for the info on where to get the jerky cannon.  I just received mine from Cabelas.  Today I shot 5lbs of jerky using Cabelas original seasoning that came with the cannon. I ground my own beef using outside round that I found on sale for $1.87/lb. Shot it into 19mm colagen casings and will be smoking it tomorrow.  What do you recommend for time/temp?

Here is a pic of it waiting in my fridge for tomorrows smoke.

jaeger

jhurlbur,

Looks like you are ready to go!
Here is the temps that I usually use.

I smoke with hickory for a total of 3.5 hours.
I start out with a cabinet temp of 160-170 F for 2.5 hours.
I increase cabinet temp to 180 degrees at this point and leave at this temp until Internal Temp of meat at 155 F (For Venison I cook to 165 F)

Good luck! Let us know how it turns out!!!

jaeger

jhurlbur,
How did the beef sticks turn out???[:p]