Father's Day Chicken

Started by SteveBird, June 16, 2005, 02:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveBird

Hello Folks,

We're having my Father-in-law over for a Father's day feed-bag and I, of course, want to smoke something.

My wife said I could not [:(] smoke anything that will take "forever" to cook.  

So I figured I'd do my first chicken.  He won't eat anything spicy so I can't use any cool rubs.  When searching the forum all I really saw was chicken rubbed with Italian dressing.

I figured no matter what the size it will take about 4 hours to smoke.

Anyone got any successes?

Thanks.

SteveBird

Chez Bubba

Why not try Wild Willy's from S&S & omit the cayenne? You can even peel the skin off before serving, but Lord, you lose a ton of good taste.

Is he anti-spicy as in hot or anti-spicy as in flavor?

4 hrs for a whole chicky is probably about right, 3 hrs if you hack it up.

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

MallardWacker

Steve Dude,

I used LIME juice and real BUTTER.  Used some fresh juice along with some melted butter and I just injected it.  I think Lime juice goes great with Chicken.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

Bad Flynch

The chickens I make for my wife are usually not spiced. I simply wash the bird, dry it well, and oil it before smoking. It is just fine, if a little plain for folks that like spice. Not to worry.

B.F.
B.F.

JJC

MW and BF both have good advice for someone who doesn't like the flavor of spice or any heat.  Lime and butter/oil or just oil still make for a very tasty smoked chicken!

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

MWS

Good old Italian dressing with olive oil and garlic makes a nice and easy, tasty marinade. It flavours the chicken very nicely. Just rub it under and on the skin. It sounds weird, but it is really good.

<i><font color="green"><b>Mike </i></font id="green"></b>

<i><font color="black">"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved".</i></font id="black">
 -John Wayne

Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"

SteveBird

Thank, all, for your posts on chicken.

You're all great. [:D]

SteveBird