Smartphones

Started by squirtthecat, July 24, 2010, 05:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLBentRider

Blackberry here.

We have about 300 of them on 2 different Blackberry Enterprise servers, VPN, private apps, complete integration into work email (no pop/imap/smtp crap)

From a corporate intregration perspective, iphones are a pita. Especially if you don't run a mac or exchange environment.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

LilSmoker

I got an iPhone 4 32Gb a few weeks ago, i can honestly say it's the best phone i've ever had, and i've had cell phones since the mid 80's.

I haven't had any reception issues and i really love the phone, only downside is, i keep buying apps!  :o

Anyway, i like it
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

DarqMan

I just defected from Apple a couple weeks ago.  After being happy with the iPhone 3G for the past two years I made the mistake of installing v4 OS and it took ten seconds to load the email client.  With the antenna and proximity sensor problem of the new iPhone 4, my son and I decided to jump ship.  We both got a Samsung Captivate which runs the latest version of Andriod 2.1 with the AT&T custom shell.  The hardware has finally caught up with the iPhone and the software is so much more customizable. 

Also, I'm able to develop apps without having to spend money to join a "developer network".  All the development tools for Android are free and apps can be developed on Windows, Mac or Unix/Linux. 

We think we made a great decision.
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.

DarqMan

One of my favorite Dilbert's.

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.

squirtthecat

Yes!  I love my wannabe Droid..

Takes pretty decent pictures, too.

(marginal light macro shot)

DarqMan, you do any 'droid app development??    PM me and we'll chat offline about that...

Ka Honu

Traded in my AT&T/Samsung Captivate yesterday for a Sprint/HTC EVO 4G.  Not only will Sprint save us about $20 or so a month, but the reception is better in the house and...THE PHONE SYNCS SEAMLESSLY WITH Outlook!!!! I haven't been this pleased since... Oh never mind; I don't do that stuff anymore so shouldn't dredge up the memories.