New Smoker

Started by goalieboy29, June 17, 2005, 02:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goalieboy29

Hey Gang,

Just bought a SSBS, (been reading the forum eh?) and can't wait. Yeah, I know, ANOTHER newbie. I live in Toronto, Ontario and don't know squat about real BBQ. Gonna learn though....

Just wanted to say cheers for the fantastic forum. I enjoy reading your insights and experiences. Hope I have something to add soon.

I am new to smoking but love it so far. Have had some pretty good results with ribs on my Napoleon BBQ. Tried a pork butt and a brisket but had a hell of a fight keeping the BBQ temp consistent. My guess is the Bradley will sort those problems out!

Anywho, looking forward to smokin, readin', drinkin' a few pops and eating some great BBQ.

Thanks for your time and efforts in providing such a great forum. You folks seem fun...

goalieboy29. (David)

It's the wood that makes it good...
It's the wood that makes it good.

BigSmoker

Welcome aboard and glad to have ya[:D].

Jeff

Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

MallardWacker

David,

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">You folks seem fun...
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Acually we are a bunch of cranky old farts that have nothing better to do than smoke. Nahhh not really, assembled here are probably the best group and veried congloberation of people you will ever meet on the web.

Welcome!

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

MWS

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by MallardWacker</i>
<br />
assembled here are probably the best group and veried congloberation of people you will ever meet on the web.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

MW, Couldn't have said it better, except for the 'veried congloberation' part. [;)][:D][:D]

Welcome David

<i><font color="green"><b>Mike </i></font id="green"></b>

<i><font color="black">"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved".</i></font id="black">
 -John Wayne

Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"

jhurlbur

Welcome David,  I'm also a newbie on this forum from T.O.  Haven't seen any other Torontonians on here...go figure eh, our city's nickname is The Big Smoke[^]

I also had trouble regulating the temp at first, but after a while you get used to where to put the slider and vent opening. I got a remote thermometer which helps not having to run back and forth checking the temp.

John

Foam Steak

"congloberation"  I almost peed my pants!

goalieboy29

Hi Gang,

Thanks to the "congloberation of cranky old farts" for welcoming me. Man, you boys from the south know how to have some fun with your expressions eh?

My family mostly thinks I'm nuts for the whole slow cooking thing. While they like to eat BBQ, normally in the great white north we just throw something on a 500 degree Q and cook as fast as possible to avoid dying from natural causes in the process. (ie; freezing to death, bear attacks, squadrons of mosquitos etc.)
Nah, just kidding, Canada is not that cold. I'm pretty sure the Arctic is much worse...jhurlbur, back me up on this OK?
(Nice one about the big smoke!)

Hope ya'll cook something good this week-end. I'll just be reading the forum with envy and buying meat for the blessed arrival of Mr. Bradley.

Cheers,

goalieboy29

It's the wood that makes it good...
It's the wood that makes it good.

jhurlbur

Goalie, I have had some problems with polar bears hanging around my Bradley.  I find tossing them a couple of brown pops (they prefer Molson Canadian) gets rid of them pretty quick eh.[;)][:D][:D]