• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Hickory Smoked Mint Juleps!

Started by hal4uk, August 01, 2010, 07:48:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TestRocket

I'm in too! PM to come! Great idea!   ;D

hal4uk

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

HawkeyeSmokes

I'm in!

PM sent to Squirt.

Great idea Hal!
HawkeyeSmokes

BuyLowSellHigh

I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

Tiny Tim

Unfortunately, at the moment, I can't add anything here.  I'll be keeping this thread in my thoughts, and if able, will welcome a couple of our local Iowa Guardsmen home with a similar gift next year.

hal4uk

Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

hal4uk

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on August 02, 2010, 01:47:45 AM
I had the opportunity to talk with several vets from the Vietnam War, Korean War (conflict), and one from World War II. This was nothing planned, we all happened to be at the same event. Some assisted with burials and they were telling me the WWII veterans are dying at such a rate, it is difficult to keep up with the ceremonies. Listening to these men talk about how they assist and provide various levels of help to Vets, and men and women currently serving was heart warming.
Habs, one of my wife's high school friends came to visit last summer.  We took her around to see the sights.  In Springfield, Illinois, that includes a lot of Abe Lincoln sites (grrrr...)  Anyhow, while at Lincoln's Tomb, we heard this rumble.. it got louder and louder...  Hundreds of bikes, followed by a few various vehicles and a pick-up truck.  The truck had a plexiglass structure over the bed.  There was a tattered American flag inside.  It was from GROUND ZERO, and they were taking it cross-country.  Brother, the hair on my arms just stood up and saluted.  There ain't nothing like the American spirit - or the American soldier.

---
If you can read at all - thank a teacher
If you can read this - thank a soldier
Awrighten.

Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

classicrockgriller

Quote from: hal4uk on August 01, 2010, 07:48:06 PM
[Changed topic line to get more of y'all to read this!  Devious.  Yeah, I know.  33.5 hours to go.  ;D  ]

NePaS son (like many others) risked his LIFE to keep the rest of us SAFE.
He's coming home and can't wait to go to Wally World.
I'm thinking we should send him there in style...
I'm putting up the 1st $100.

STC has graciously agreed to be treasurer on this matter...
Who's with me on this?
Can I get an AMEN?
How bout $5? 
What can ya spare?
Awrighten...

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: hal4uk on August 02, 2010, 11:53:52 PM
Quote from: Habanero Smoker on August 02, 2010, 01:47:45 AM
I had the opportunity to talk with several vets from the Vietnam War, Korean War (conflict), and one from World War II. This was nothing planned, we all happened to be at the same event. Some assisted with burials and they were telling me the WWII veterans are dying at such a rate, it is difficult to keep up with the ceremonies. Listening to these men talk about how they assist and provide various levels of help to Vets, and men and women currently serving was heart warming.
Habs, one of my wife's high school friends came to visit last summer.  We took her around to see the sights.  In Springfield, Illinois, that includes a lot of Abe Lincoln sites (grrrr...)  Anyhow, while at Lincoln's Tomb, we heard this rumble.. it got louder and louder...  Hundreds of bikes, followed by a few various vehicles and a pick-up truck.  The truck had a plexiglass structure over the bed.  There was a tattered American flag inside.  It was from GROUND ZERO, and they were taking it cross-country.  Brother, the hair on my arms just stood up and saluted.  There ain't nothing like the American spirit - or the American soldier.

---
If you can read at all - thank a teacher
If you can read this - thank a soldier
Awrighten.

I don't want to hijack this thread, but when I was talking with one vet, he mentioned a group (not sure if they are all veterans) of trumpet/bugle players. I can't recall the actual name of the group; I believe it is "Trumpets Around The World (or Bugles Around the World)". Anyway he was at a ceremony for a veteran. This group lined the route for 10 miles where the funeral procession drove. Each bugler would play three notes of taps. It would start with bugler #1, after he/she played their three notes the next bugler would play the next three. He said you could here it echoing as each person played their three notes, and the part that he was able to hear, none of the buglers missed a beat. At the end all the buglers (950) met at a central location, and all played taps together.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

squirtthecat

Habs, that would be an amazing (and touching) sight to see..

hal4uk

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on August 03, 2010, 02:04:09 AM
I don't want to hijack this thread

Huh??  Hijack away!!!  Every time you hijack, that bumps it up, and maybe some more folks read it...
We're on a mission here!

(besides that, you have good stories!)
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

TTNuge

TestRocket

squirtthecat

Quote from: TestRocket on August 03, 2010, 12:41:36 PM
What's with the "bump"?

So it appears higher up in the 'unread posts' list.

[see...  made you look!]

classicrockgriller