• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Last call - Welcome home gift for Dustin

Started by hal4uk, August 03, 2010, 10:29:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hal4uk

Hi y'all...  I know it's hard to keep up with every post sometimes, but PLEASE read this one if you missed it:
http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=17206.0

In a nutshell, none of us have the ability to properly show all of our troops our full appreciation, but by golly, there's enough of us here to do it up right for one soldier. Nepas' son, Dustin, has just come home from Iraq.  He's still at the base now, but he's looking forward to going to Wally World (funny the things you miss when you can't do them anymore!).  Wally World is LOT more fun with a pocket full of money, and we're on a mission to make that happen.

We have 22.5 hours to go, and so far, the response has been overwhelming - yet (IMHO) it ain't enough.
I want to thank everyone who has participated thus far.  Seriously, y'all have some hearts of gold, and I love ya!

I know some of y'all are trying to keep the utilities on - and we don't want your money.  Just send a prayer.
But if you can help out, we would deeply appreciate it.
If you haven't participated, and would like to, PM SquirtTheCat -- he's our treasurer on this matter.

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

hal4uk

Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

classicrockgriller

hal4uk

Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

classicrockgriller

Quote from: hal4uk on August 03, 2010, 10:29:12 AM
Hi y'all...  I know it's hard to keep up with every post sometimes, but PLEASE read this one if you missed it:
http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=17206.0

In a nutshell, none of us have the ability to properly show all of our troops our full appreciation, but by golly, there's enough of us here to do it up right for one soldier. Nepas' son, Dustin, has just come home from Iraq.  He's still at the base now, but he's looking forward to going to Wally World (funny the things you miss when you can't do them anymore!).  Wally World is LOT more fun with a pocket full of money, and we're on a mission to make that happen.

We have 22.5 hours to go, and so far, the response has been overwhelming - yet (IMHO) it ain't enough.
I want to thank everyone who has participated thus far.  Seriously, y'all have some hearts of gold, and I love ya!

I know some of y'all are trying to keep the utilities on - and we don't want your money.  Just send a prayer.
But if you can help out, we would deeply appreciate it.
If you haven't participated, and would like to, PM SquirtTheCat -- he's our treasurer on this matter.

It just takes a little effort to make a young man very happy

Smokin Soon

squirtthecat

First off, Thanks to everyone who has kicked in so far.   The response has been amazing!

Hal and I are just a bit short of a 'nice round number' that is our pie-in-the-sky-goal...

So, if any of you are interested in pitching in a little bit to the cause, feel free to PM me...    I'll personally cover the rest.

Cheers,
STC & Hal4UK.

deb415611

squirtthecat

Mission Accomplished!

We hit our 'goal', and I just dropped the package off at our corporate distribution room..

Thanks again, everyone!

TestRocket

And a "thanks" to you Squirt for taking time to handle the logistics!  ;D

BuyLowSellHigh

A very big thanks to Hal and STC for putting this together.  Great work, gentlemen!
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

TestRocket

Sorry Hal didn't mean to leave you out. Thank you!

pensrock

Thanks for the great idea and for making this happen.  :)

NePaSmoKer

I gotta say thank you to everyone here on the forum. I was just letting everyone know he was back and ok and did not expect this at all.  Like said so often here we are like one big spread out family  ;D

Thanks go to all forum members for their support for Dustin over these 14.5 months of deployment and for the support for my other son who is deployed to Columbia with the 7th group SF, his wife who is SF and my Daughter who is active logistics support.

There have been a few members who sent goodies to Iraq & Afgn and we want to say Thank You Again.

I will see Dustin this weekend and am sure he will post his thank you to the forum.

Rick & Chrystal

BuyLowSellHigh

Rick,

Thanks to Dustin, all of your kids, and both you and your wife for the service and incredible parenting.  We wouldn't be what we are without all of you.
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here