• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Info for Newbie CANUCK Smokers

Started by pdubbu, August 03, 2010, 11:23:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdubbu

After buying your Bradley smoker you're going to be overwhelmed and perhaps a bit unsure of what you'll need to pick up to help you along the way.  So to save you some time I decided to create this post to help.

There are a million and one products you can buy to help, but the main things you'll want to get are:

Bisquette saver pucks

• They'll cut down on wasted bisquettes sitting on your burner, 2 will suffice, but 3 give you more flexibility.

Mats

• Do you want to make jerky or anything that may get stuck to the racks??  You might want to  invest in a set of high temperature non-stick mats (ie. frog mats)

Thermometer

• You'll soon discover for yourself that the top of your smoker is cooler than the bottom of your smoker.  Maintaining and monitoring your temperatures can be made easier with a dual probe thermometer.  You can monitor the bottom and top of your smoker at the same time and hence make sure you're keeping your meats out of the 'danger zone'.

For cure, etc....
http://www.atlascutlery.com/

For accessories...
http://www.yardandpool.com/Smoker-Accessories-s/451.htm

There are very few Canadian retailers and the ones out there charge waaaay to much (atleast the ones I found) for accessories.  I purchased my accessories from Yard and Pool and supported a fellow Bradley Smoker forum member (Brian).

I hope this helps, enjoy your Bradley Smoker and the sleepless nights waiting for your next smoke!!

p.s. show your true colours  ;D
http://www.google.ca/images?um=1&hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&biw=1024&bih=550&tbs=isch%3A1&sa=1&q=canadian+flag+gifs&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

oakville smoker

Welcom aboard, I am a fellow Cannuck
Finding this stuff up here can be a challenge, be loyal to the guys you find that are good
I have a Bubba Keg as well and although its easy to buy the Bubba, they refuse to ship accessories up here
Another challenge to overcome

Have fun.  Don't let the smoke get in your eyes
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

pdubbu

I bought the frog mats, maverick thermometer, and bubba pucks from Yard and Pool....I didn't have any problems getting it delivered up here.  I had to pay an extra $20 on duty but it got to me fine otherwise.

oakville smoker

I will have to keep that in mind for future aquistions
Bubba Grills just refuses to ship to Canada, shame on them
Kind of like getting addicted to something and then you just cannot get it anymore
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?