Any good sites....

Started by HCT, June 18, 2005, 12:38:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HCT

For cures, brines seasonings. Just went to order the dQ # $10.00 for a lb and $8.95 shipping. Ridiculous.[:(!]1
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

Oldman

Micky I hear ya. I just order 2 ounce of Pink Pepper for $10.00 and Worcestershire Powder @$2.50 per ounce. However, these items and items like them I have not been able to find here locally. So if I want them I have got to pay the piper.

Maybe you can find a spice shop in your area. There are tons of great recipes for brines, cures and rubs.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

jhurlbur

Olds & Mickey, have you checked out butcher packer?  They have DQ #1 for $1.50 per pound!  They seem a lot cheaper than sausage maker and a lot of the other sites.  I haven't ordered from them so I can't vouch for their service...but the prices seem really good. I found out about them from lurking on this site before I joined.

John

HCT

Thanks John, I checked them out, seems good to me.
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

JJC

Hi Mickey--if you go the Sticky site posted at the top of each Forum, you'll find a topic called Vendors in which a list of spice vendors recommended by forum members are included.  I haven't used them, but Penzey's seems to be a popular choice.  For rubs and stuff, check out Big Smoker's (Forum member) site:  bbqshopping.com

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

Foam Steak

I have ordered from Butcher Packer.  No problems yet and they do have the best prices around on allmost everything.

MallardWacker

Butcher-Packer is it for me too.  Also if you want a GREAT deal on a good knife, they have some from Vetronox that are priced really well also.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...