FTC Method??????

Started by Grillin and Chillin, June 18, 2005, 08:02:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grillin and Chillin

I beg for your humble patience, but being a newbie, could someone please elaborate on the FTC method? When does it apply, when to use etc.

bellejnd

FTC is a technique used to allow the meat to rest after cooking, it allows the juices to evenly distribute through the finished product.  <font color="red"><b>F</b></font id="red"> wrap meat in foil, <font color="red"><b>T</b></font id="red"> wrap foiled meat in an old towel, <font color="red"><b>C</b></font id="red"> place in a dry clean cooler (igloo).  The temp of the product will continue to rise maybe 5 or 10 degrees F while in the cooler.  If you try to slice your finished products as soon as they are cooked much of the juice will run out on the cutting board.  I have found that this is also a good way to hold the finished product for serving before you are ready to eat.  I have left meat a couple of hours in this fashion and it stays quite warm.  It is especially important on large cuts like pork shoulders. briskets, hams and turkeys.  Give it a try! hope that helps![:D]