• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Pork Bellies

Started by HCT, June 22, 2005, 07:25:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HCT

I finally found a supplier and he's about 45 miles away. I wouldn't mind the trip, but I'd have to buy a full box that consists of 45 lbs. What the heck am I going to to with 45 lbs of pork belly? Dang
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

Oldman

Mickey I got the same problem sort-of... my supplier is only 3/4 mile away.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

HCT

Raye, I just got in touch with Nodines Smokehouse up here in Ct. They will sell me any quantity I want, From a 10 lb. slab on up. Going there next week. Mayme we can work something out.
probably the biggest"

JJC

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Mickey</i>
<br />Raye, I just got in touch with Nodines Smokehouse up here in Ct. They will sell me any quantity I want, From a 10 lb. slab on up. Going there next week. Mayme we can work something out.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Hi Mickey,

Where is Nodines located?  I'm near Boston and get down to CT pretty often . . .

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

HCT

JJC, Nodines Smokehouse is in Torrington. I'll post you the number when I wake up. You have to call about a week ahead of time so that they will put them aside and not cure them.

Mickey
probably the biggest"

Habanero Smoker

They do have a website http://www.nodinesmokehouse.com/ . When I saw the post, I took interest because I don't live to far from there. I'm about 40 miles away.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

HCT

Yes but that just for their finished product. They also have a store in Goshen. Torrington is where they do all the smoking. Give them a call so you can have the raw product put aside for you. They get their deliveries on mondays.

Mickey
probably the biggest"

Habanero Smoker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Mickey</i>
<br />Yes but that just for their finished product. They also have a store in Goshen. Torrington is where they do all the smoking. Give them a call so you can have the raw product put aside for you. They get their deliveries on mondays.

Mickey
That's even better. It puts me 10 miles closer.[:)]

I
         don't
                   inhale.

HCT

But the Goshen store doesn't sell the raw meat. Where are you coming from? I'm in Cornwall. If you want to meet up we can take a ride to the Torrington store. Let me know.
probably the biggest"

Habanero Smoker

<br />But the Goshen store doesn't sell the raw meat. Where are you coming from? I'm in Cornwall. If you want to meet up we can take a ride to the Torrington store. Let me know.
I probably won't be able to do any smoking (except for a chicken here and there) until late September, I've got my hands full with a bunch of projects, and I may have to relocate for about a month. If you do a second batch, or if you are going to wait until fall, let me know and we can arrange something.

I would be coming from the northwest, the town you may be familiar with is Millerton, NY; I live close to there. I have been in Cornwall many of times, I used to work in Wingdale, NY, which is not far form there. Also in my more youthful days, I often hiked through Goshen following the Appalachian Trail. That is some beautiful country.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

HCT

Boy, you're just down the road a piece. Hope we can work something out later.

Mickey
probably the biggest"

JJC

<br />JJC, Nodines Smokehouse is in Torrington. I'll post you the number when I wake up. You have to call about a week ahead of time so that they will put them aside and not cure them.

Mickey
Thanks, Mickey.

If Hab gets some time in September, maybe all 3 of us can meet there.  Also, Humpa lives just south of Boston--we might be able to travel together and meet you guys there.

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

Habanero Smoker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by JJC</i>
<br />
Quote<i>Originally posted by Mickey</i>
<br />
If Hab gets some time in September, maybe all 3 of us can meet there.  Also, Humpa lives just south of Boston--we might be able to travel together and meet you guys there.

John
Newton MA
Hi Mickey,
Sorry for the late response. Just got back from probably the only weekend trip I am going to have this summer (I just can't miss the jazz festival in Saratoga Springs).

John,
Sounds like a plan to me.[:)]

I
         don't
                   inhale.