• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Well, shoot

Started by Tiny Tim, September 05, 2010, 02:18:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiny Tim

What a bummer of a weekend now.  As those of you who were in the chat sessions this week may recall, I was going to fire up my old grill this weekend, for the first time in 2 years.  Got some meat Friday, propane Saturday, was going to grill lunch today, but didn't have a fire stick to light it with, so that plan died.  Just came back from getting a long lighter, burned the cobweb out of the propane regulator connector and hooked it to the cylinder.  Walked around to the front of the grill to light it and burn some residue off, but the knobs are rusted tight.  Also noticed the inactivity took a toll on the grates, so they'd need replacing.

Went to the manufacturer's website (Coleman), and found the parts I need to fix it, but it'll cost about $130 plus shipping.  Guess I may look for a closeout deal Tuesday when I go to the City...should be a good time to find a deal, since the season officially ends this weekend.

FLBentRider

That suck TT.

I hope you find a good deal on a new grill.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

classicrockgriller

Sorry to hear that Tim.

Send the meat to me. ;D

Tiny Tim

I've got a George Foreman grill that can get me by, also a freezer for worst case. lol

deb415611

That stinks Tim!

My grill decided not to work this weekend also..... and then there is my pellet grill that decided to do what it wanted :o  

Good luck in the grill search.  

Tiny Tim

The weather is actually cheering me up about this...it's raining, so I wouldn't have been able to grill tonight anyway. ;D ;D ;D ;D

SnellySmokesEm

Just the fact the you get to buy a new to should cheer ya up!!!!
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

deb415611

Quote from: Tiny Tim on September 05, 2010, 02:58:02 PM
The weather is actually cheering me up about this...it's raining, so I wouldn't have been able to grill tonight anyway. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Why not?  I grill in the rain. :D

NePaSmoKer

Yeah Tim this sux. Its almost worth buying a new grill.

Say i know of a Traeger Lil'Tex around somewhere.....but it might be spoken for  :D

Tenpoint5

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on September 05, 2010, 08:12:39 PM
Yeah Tim this sux. Its almost worth buying a new grill.

Say i know of a Traeger Lil'Tex around somewhere.....but it might be spoken for  :D
Last I heard it was spoken for
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Tiny Tim

Afraid a Traeger Lil Tex would be a bit out of my league right now, even a used one.  Thinkin' a cheap gasser to get me by for a couple years until I can get something better.

hal4uk

Dang, Tiny, That S*CKS... 
To heck with those expensive parts - get a $5 charcoal grill, and LET-R-RIP!
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Smokin Soon

I have been in that situation too many times. That's why we need an arsenal of weapons in our inventory to complete any task!! :D

Caneyscud

That sux!  Also why I haven't had a gasser for a few years now.  Two concrete blocks and a rack from somewhere.  That and deadfall limbs is all I need to make the best steaks and hamburgers around.  
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

KevinG

I'm a charcoal guy too, had too many flame throwers in my day.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG