• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

After Smoke Cleanup

Started by DADAKOTA, September 09, 2010, 03:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DADAKOTA

After the smoke I know you have to clean the racks, pan, tray, and V - Shield.  Do you also wipe ot the cabinet?  Anything else need cleaning?  All new to me.

FLBentRider

Leave the cabinet be. As the smoke accumulates your food will taste even better.

You might want to wipe down the door seal.

Clean the vent every so often.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

DTAggie

Ditto FLB.  Somehow CRG gets his v-tray sparkling every time.

beefmann

clean the racks, v tray, wipe down the doe seal and where it  meets the cabinet and maybe the  exterior, have fun and enjoy

ArnieM

I use Dawn Power Dissolve for the racks and V-Tray.  Place the racks on top of the V-Tray in a sink and spray them.  Let them sit for 15-30 minutes.  Rub them down and then into the dishwasher.

I use a small bronze brush on the SG chute and hotplate to get off any accumulation.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Caneyscud

Clean - you supposed to clean?
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

GusRobin

Quote from: DTAggie on September 09, 2010, 09:15:34 PM

Not really. I think he has a brand new one that he never uses. When he takes pictures he substitutes the new one so you just think he cleans it.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: GusRobin on September 10, 2010, 08:59:18 AM
Quote from: DTAggie on September 09, 2010, 09:15:34 PM

Not really. I think he has a brand new one that he never uses. When he takes pictures he substitutes the new one so you just think he cleans it.

I use Dawn Power Dissolver like Arnie does. I don't take a picture of a "New" V-tray.

Tally Ho

Good question DADAKOTA....and plenty of good answers.  I am learning also.

I agree with the buildup of smoke to season the smoker, but attached is a photo of about 1/16th to 1/8th inch of burnt drippings just above the heating element from my first smoked whole chicken.  The V tray was correctly in place but drippings still accumulated along the wall and burnt.  My concern is this buildup being so close to the heating element.  Should this be scrubbed off?  It doesn't come off easily. 

Thanks.

BTW - my first smoked whole chicken was awesome thanks to the posts from this forum.

classicrockgriller

I think most of us position our food at the front of the racks, ... well I know I do.

But, the stuff that drips down the back wall is usually burnt before it reaches the element.

If you can take a paper towel and knock off any crust, that will be good enough.

DTAggie

I have yet to see anything like that drip down behind my tray.

Uncle Pigfat

SOS pads, hot water and elbow grease also work rather well.  They get my vpan, racks and other removable items looking nearly new every time I feel like really putting the boots to them.  Discoloration is fine - it's a smoker after all.  Just make sure the greasy buildup is clean so you don't risk a fire.

Mailman

Quote from: Uncle Pigfat on September 12, 2010, 08:28:59 AM
SOS pads, hot water and elbow grease also work rather well.  They get my vpan, racks and other removable items looking nearly new every time I feel like really putting the boots to them.  Discoloration is fine - it's a smoker after all.  Just make sure the greasy buildup is clean so you don't risk a fire.
I ditto the SOS

If to error is human. Than I'm more human than most.