will not heat above 125 degrees

Started by BLAZDOG1, September 13, 2010, 05:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLAZDOG1

not sure if the heating element is not working properly or maybe the temp. slide control is not working properly, are there common replacement parts for the Bradley smoker I couldn't find anything on the Bradley home page. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I hate not being able to use my smoker.

thanks from the toooo cold smoker

GusRobin

make sure all the plugs are seated properly. Unplug and replug all the plugs pushing firmly and mving it a bit as you push. If this doesn't solve the problem, try plugging the caabinent directly into the wall to see if it works.

Also, move the slider back and forth a bit.
Also, is your vent open?
Try the above and see what happens.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

RAF128

This kind of thing has been mentioned several times lately.   I had that problem too last year when I got my 6 rack DBS.   I found that there was a loose connection inside the smoke generator.    Open the generator and check the connection.   Remember to take out the perimeter screws and the not the ones in the center.   

Habanero Smoker

Here is a link to help you trouble shoot:
Bradley Smoker FAQ's

It appears the element is not working. After trouble shooting and finding out what the problem is and if you need parts; if your smoker is less then a year old Bradley will send you the parts. If it is beyond your warranty Yard & Pool sells replacement parts.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)