WOW

Started by Railroad, June 26, 2005, 10:20:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Railroad

I first posted here a month ago when I got my new stainless. Thanks to some helpful hints here and an abundence of great pork (I live in Clear Lake IA) this has been the best thing Ive purchased in years. Mind you I bought a new Fender Telecaster last year. Question? How do you answer this question? My live in girlfriend of three years asked "Would you rather be with your smoker or me?" Im am still pondering my answer and any advice would be appreciated. Railroad

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">"Would you rather be with your smoker or me?" Im am still pondering my answer and any advice would be appreciated. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Ya take your Fender Telecaster play her a love song as your meat(s) get smoked...

Opps is that another Chez I see coming?

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

nsxbill

Kinda reminds me of that Brad Paisley fishing song.  He is lamenting the ultimatum given by his girlfriend to pick fishing or her.  Occasionally he interupts with the....."Whoops, I got a bite."

My wife occasionally throws me one of those ultimatums on stuff I buy.  After 35 years, hell, I might just take her up on it!  Damn, I hate those choices!

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

Sauce Bauce

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Railroad</i>
<br />My live in girlfriend of three years asked "Would you rather be with your smoker or me?" Im am still pondering my answer and any advice would be appreciated. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

<font face="Arial"><font size="3"><font color="maroon">I think I would just tell her that I love to make both of them SMOKE!

Sauce Bauce</font id="maroon"></font id="size3"></font id="Arial">

owrstrich

johnny owrstrich says...

trade her in on a new model...

because you gotts to eat...

i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

jaeger

hey Bauce!
Where ya been? Good to see you back on the board. What's smoking?

<font size="4"><b>Doug</b></font id="size4">

JJC

You guys are TOO funny!

I'm just lucky--my wife of 25 years (next month) is thrilled whenever I buy a new smoke-related item.  For her it's a win-win:  she gets to eat better food and the more time I spend smokin' the less time I have to pester her . . . [;)]

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

JJC

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by jaeger</i>
<br />hey Bauce!

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Hi Bauce--great to have you back on the Forum again.  Hope you've been too busy becoming a millionaire to post, rather than something less sanguine . . .

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

MallardWacker

Tell me anyway, whats the problem here?[8D]

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

Phone Guy

Sounds like you need a guru [;)]

Bad Flynch

Tell your girlfriend that if she is real nice and cooperative, that you will let her handle your hot smokin' meat.[}:)]

B.F.
B.F.

Sauce Bauce

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by JJC</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by jaeger</i>
<br />hey Bauce!

Hi Bauce--great to have you back on the Forum again.  Hope you've been too busy becoming a millionaire to post, rather than something less sanguine . . .

John
Newton MA
<font color="maroon">Hey guys!

Thanks for your concern and well wishes.  I don't even know where to start telling you all my problems, so I won't.  Most of them are medically related.  I have been through some pretty tough stuff for the last couple of months but now I am back among the living.[xx(]  Thought for a while I was going to get a medical discharge but those millionare doctors finally did what I have been paying them for.[^]

I really appreciated the phone calls I received from some of you, as well.  I told a friend of mine that it is unbelievable that a group of guys whom you barely know could really be so concerned about you.  I think that goes to show you the kind of people who really "smoke"! Now if some of you would show up and cut my grass and water my flowers I would really appreciate it!!

I have had some good smokes lately. [:p] My son from Dallas flew in for his birthday and mine. We celebrated by smoking 3 butts. One we ate and the other 2 were vacum packed and frozen.  He took them back home with him and is planning a BBQ party soon.  He says you can't find BBQ that good in Texas.  They know beef but they can't find a pig and if they did, they wouldn't know what to do with it. It really was good!  I think probably the best I have ever done.  They were smoked for about 4-5 hours and cooked for about 26 hours at 200 degrees. I put on a 12 pound picnic shoulder yesterday at about 1:00 PM and it has cooked all night at a constant 200 degrees.  As most of you know I am a fan of the BBQ Guru Raptor and Competitor controller.  The more I use it the more I appreciate it.  It sure makes smoking easy and worry free.  Just like Ron says, "Just set it and forget it!".

Thanks again guys and I will look forward to your smoking reports.

Don
Sauce Bauce</font id="maroon">

nsxbill

Welcome back Don!

Glad you are up and about again!

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

Chez Bubba

Welcome back SB, it's good to read ya again![8D]

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Oldman

Hey Sauce Bauce,

Like all here, I'm sure glad to see ya posting again. And real proud that you are smokin' again.

Now that you are back among the living all of those who called want to know if you will now at last accept those toll charges! [:D]

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!!