Darqman and His New Harley ..... Bad Accident

Started by classicrockgriller, September 16, 2010, 01:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hal4uk

Quote from: DarqMan on October 02, 2010, 08:41:35 PM
Quote from: hal4uk on October 02, 2010, 08:37:25 PM
It looks brand new to me...
You sure didn't make this story up so that monkey would cook for you?   ;D

If you want to see the pics of my head I'll be happy to post those, but they are pretty nasty.
Squirt beat me to it...  ;)
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

classicrockgriller

I've seen them twice .... threw up the first time!

DarqMan

I won't, that would be totally unappropriate for this site.
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: DarqMan on October 02, 2010, 08:52:18 PM
I won't, that would be totally unappropriate for this site.

We have waved the "NO PICS ..... No Smoke" flag for this occasion!

You just get WELL!

BuyLowSellHigh

Quote from: DarqMan on October 02, 2010, 08:26:21 PM
Thanks for all the get well wishes from everyone.  I'm making great progress and knowing I have friends makes everything a lot easier.  I snapped a pic of them hauling my scooter off to the be repaired.  Looking at the pic and considering what it did to me it's hard to believe this bike took a 45mph spill. It's hard to see but the front fender is bent and has deer hair and of course the chrome guards are scratched up pretty bad.  These Ultra Classics are tough bikes!

Good to hear you are on the mend.  Keep eating what CRG sent and you'll rebound quickly.

Just for comparison, when I hit a deer (broadside at 60) the front fork was bent badly enough to place the wheel back at the foot rest and the front tire was packed with deer hair beyween the bead of the tire and the rim of the wheel for about a third of the circumference.  The hair was in there so tightly you couldn't pull it out by hand.
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

DarqMan

You must have been on one of those Japanese bikes instead of a Harley? ;D ;D ;D

Seriously though, I'm glad you're here to share your experience like I am.  I've heard all kinds of nightmares regarding others who weren't as lucky regarding motorcycle/animal collisions. 
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

bubtrauma

From a fellow Harley rider who has been to Oklahoma City and Cickasha GET WELL SOON.

Bub
Manitoba Canada

Mailman

Keep getting better DM. Ever thought of sharing pics and preaching to other riders to wear a helmet? I usually dont wear one around town but do when I hit open highway. I know I should wear one all the time!
If to error is human. Than I'm more human than most.

ArnieM

It's likely more dangerous riding around town than on the highway.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Mailman

Quote from: ArnieM on October 06, 2010, 12:34:35 PM
It's likely more dangerous riding around town than on the highway.
true. but i can hear better and periffrial vision
If to error is human. Than I'm more human than most.

DarqMan

Quote from: bubtrauma on October 06, 2010, 06:37:48 AM
From a fellow Harley rider who has been to Oklahoma City and Cickasha GET WELL SOON.

Bub
Manitoba Canada

Thank you Bub.

DarqMan

Quote from: Mailman on October 06, 2010, 12:16:56 PM
Keep getting better DM. Ever thought of sharing pics and preaching to other riders to wear a helmet? I usually dont wear one around town but do when I hit open highway. I know I should wear one all the time!

I uploaded the pics of my head to photobucket and was going to send the links to those who wanted to see them, but the images violated their acceptable use policy.

The first year rode I wore a full face helmet.  The second year I graduated to a half shell, then I decided to no wear any helmet.  I think I'm going back to a full face, at least for a while.

albertapoacher

Glad You made it through the worst part Darqman! Have the doctors said when you can get back to the smoker? ;)

If needed we will just have to send you some treats for now!

Mike

DarqMan

Quote from: albertapoacher on October 06, 2010, 08:18:19 PM
Glad You made it through the worst part Darqman! Have the doctors said when you can get back to the smoker? ;)

If needed we will just have to send you some treats for now!

Mike
Mike,

I'm going to fire the smoker up this weekend but someone else will be doing the lifting and what not.  I'll be baste boy ;D

Thank you for the kind thoughts.  classicrockgriller loaded me up with all kinds of BBQ treats so I'm all set in that area but thank you so much.