HAMZILLA in the making!!

Started by Tenpoint5, September 17, 2010, 11:21:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyNola

BuyLowSellHigh

10.5, that thing looks awesome!  Looks like you'll be needing some friends to help you devour it (wouldn't want it to go to waste ;D ).  Time for a ham-eatin' party ?
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

Tenpoint5

Hamzilla has been torn down. Made a couple of ham steaks, cubed some for tater soup and other dishes. Then I sliced the rest of it. Here's a couple of pictures.

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

classicrockgriller

hal4uk

Looks fantastic!
(38 hrs....  I think see some re-fueling in my future)
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Tenpoint5

Everything is all vac sealed and put in the freezer.except for the package that will go to work with me tonight and some for the yardapes to have for dinner tonight. Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwiches.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Caneyscud

Now, that is a "proper" sized ham steak.

Have not done a ham from scratch yet, but your adventure may just put me up to it.  Now only to find a fresh ham! 
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Caneyscud on September 27, 2010, 11:20:24 AM
Now, that is a "proper" sized ham steak.

Have not done a ham from scratch yet, but your adventure may just put me up to it.  Now only to find a fresh ham! 

The ham steak is only about 3/4 in thick. Yes it is laying on a Corelle serving platter. Should be a good snack on a cold day!!

KevinG

Holy %$#@, can anyone say get me a PLATE, not no wimpy 8,10,or even 12" job, you need a PLATE!
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

Quarlow

That's just simply HAMAZING Chris. Nice work.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Smoking Rebel

Heck man that turned out looking awesome!

Northern_Smoke

That is amazing looking. It has also inspired me to try one...but maybe not a full blown "hamzilla" for the first try  ;)
Bob and Doug Mckenzie encompass all that is Canadian ehh.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Northern_Smoke on October 14, 2010, 07:27:09 PM
That is amazing looking. It has also inspired me to try one...but maybe not a full blown "hamzilla" for the first try  ;)
I would highly suggest staying in the 10-12 lb range for a first try. Not that it is any easier or that much shorter of a cook. Just that this is a pile of meat!!

Rich_91360

In the 10-12 pound range what cut, specifically should I request from my butcher?  Boned?

FLBentRider

Quote from: Rich_91360 on October 21, 2010, 11:04:17 AM
In the 10-12 pound range what cut, specifically should I request from my butcher?  Boned?

You want a fresh ham.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!