• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Question about Covers

Started by Midnight Smoker, September 19, 2010, 07:58:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midnight Smoker

I am getting ready to purchase a cover for my 4 rack BDS.  I am pretty sure I saw something on here about people buying a 6 rack cover for their 4 rack models.  I searched but couldn't find it again.  I am going to order from Yard and Pool and would just like to hear from a few of you on your thoughts.  6 rack or 4 rack cover for me?!?!

FLBentRider

I have a 4 rack cover on my (4 rack) OBS.

Works great.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Chili Head

I have a four rack cover on my four rack smoker..fits perfectly.

TestRocket

I've got the OBS (4 rack) and the cover is perfect. It's so good I keep my OBS in the garage and use the cover on my Charbroil SRG! Is that wrong?  ???

Habanero Smoker

The misfit 4 rack covers occurred sometime back. I ran into that problem when I bought a replacement cover. Since then the problem has been corrected, and now the 4 rack covers properly fit.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

ExpatCanadian

I just replaced the original cover I bought with my smoker back in 2008.  It did the job, but was fairly lightweight vinyl, and eventually some small holes started to wear through at pointy contact points.  I was at a Bass Pro shop near Calgary recently and spotted a much heavier duty one, almost a woven fabric kind of materiel, but a least double the weight of the original one.  Both were for 4-rack model, and both were (are) Bradley branded.  Pretty sure I paid around the same amount for each, and I've never seen a option on any retail website for one or the other material.  Did Bradley change them at some point?

mtim

I purchased one for my 6 rack at Cabela's  they had two different packages,  my wife asked the clerk what the difference was and she said was was lightweight and one heavyweight both were $39.99.  I took the heavy one

Bradley (Head Office)

Quote from: ExpatCanadian on September 20, 2010, 06:26:57 AM

I just replaced the original cover I bought with my smoker back in 2008.  It did the job, but was fairly lightweight vinyl, and eventually some small holes started to wear through at pointy contact points.  I was at a Bass Pro shop near Calgary recently and spotted a much heavier duty one, almost a woven fabric kind of materiel, but a least double the weight of the original one.  Both were for 4-rack model, and both were (are) Bradley branded.  Pretty sure I paid around the same amount for each, and I've never seen a option on any retail website for one or the other material.  Did Bradley change them at some point?

Yes the covers were changed to a differant heavier material

Brian.