Disappointed new owner

Started by adeplonty, September 26, 2010, 09:36:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adeplonty

Yesterday my old smoker quit on me yet again so I had enough.  First thing this morning I drove an hour to bass pro to pick up my new DBS 6 rack.  Got it home and put it all together only to find that the dispaly will not work.  The smoker generator powers up, the heating element warms up, just the display won't work.  I have read many good things on here and I am not getting a very good first impression.  Anyone have any suggestions?

KyNola

Sorry about your misfortune.  Try this first.  Remove the generator from the tower.  Turn the generator upside down and remove the screws all around the perimeter.  Don't remove the ones in the center!  Open the generator clamshell style.  Don't worry, this won't void the warranty.  Check for any loose wires or loose connections.  See if that solves the problem.

adeplonty

I did find a pin that was not fully inserted in the connector for the display.  Put everything back together and I am back in business.  Hopefully that is the only problem I will have.

KyNola

Excellent!  Glad that solved the problem.  Now, season that baby and then smoke something!

Habanero Smoker

Here is a link to many problem saving tips, that may have got you up, running and smoking a little sooner.
Bradley FAQ's

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

adeplonty

Thank you for all the help.  It seems I have had bad luck with smokers and I am hoping this one changes that.  I did check the FAQ's but couldn't find anything along the lines of my problem.  I am glad it was an easy fix though and that I was able to get it seasoned.  All this in time to leave it for a 3 week trip for work.

Habanero Smoker

Sometimes a fix for a specific problem can be located under another issue. Such as the following would have stirred you in the right direction.

http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?488-Answers-To-Bradley-Smoker-FAQ-s&p=762#post762

or this one:

http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?488-Answers-To-Bradley-Smoker-FAQ-s&p=771#post771

Just something to keep in mind if you have future problems.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)