• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Search help

Started by smoker pete, September 26, 2010, 10:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smoker pete

When I use the Search option I not only get my search request but tons of other results.  For example:  When I search on Meatloaf, or "Meatloaf" I get 35 pages of results (about 1,035).  Of those results maybe 1 out of every 10 to 20 or more are actually about meatloaf.  The rest have nothing to do with my request.  Am I doing something wrong or is the search mechanism not working properly?

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl

Up In Smoke

SP,
I have had the same problem, sometimes if you Google the item you are looking for it will pop up with
Bradley entries that will take you right to what you want instead of fishing through all of the stuff on the site.
Hope this helps.
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

ADH

Use this in google. replace "cold smoke" with what you want to search for.

cold smoked site:forum.bradleysmoker.com

Hope that helps

ArnieM

Most forum search engines are notoriously poor.  Go with the suggestion from ADH.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

smoker pete

Quote from: ADH on September 26, 2010, 11:23:49 AM
Use this in google. replace "cold smoke" with what you want to search for.

cold smoked site:forum.bradleysmoker.com

Hope that helps
WOW ... Thanks ADH.  I learned something new today.  That's quite a useful bit of information.  Just tried it and got the exact results I was looking for.  Got 354 hits and by the looks of things they all pertain to meatloaf.

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl

ArnieM

We'll be waiting to see the pics of your meatloaf.  ;D ;D
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

BuyLowSellHigh

Two Google Options:

1. If you have Google Toolbar installed in your Browser (highly recommended), then type your search term in the toolbar, then click the down arrow on the right side of the Search button and select "Search Site".  That will search the site you are currently viewing for the terms you entered.

2. If you don't have the Google Toolbar installed in your Browser (shame on you ...  ;D), first go to the Home page of the site you want to search and copy the URL, then open a Tab or Browser window for the Google main search page, to the right of the search box click Advanced Search, enter your search terms in the top section, then at the very bottom where it says "Search within a site or domain:" paste the URL you copied, set the other tools conditions (show results, language, etc.).  That will again search the site your entered for the terms you typed.
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

kaskiles

Same as the above two options, but typed directly:

meatloaf site:bradleysmoker.com

That also goes through the main website things too...

meatloaf site:susanminor.org
OBS, Et-73, bubba pucks, frogmats; Merritt Island, FL