• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Unwanted company.

Started by StickyDan, September 27, 2010, 06:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StickyDan

It was still dark this morning when I left for work so I didn't notice the mess.  Got a call from my wife around 8:30 am saying we had company last night.  Looks like a raccoon got into my rubbermaid storage bin where I keep all my pucks and smoking accessories.  Just got home to the mess - guess wifey decided I should clean it up.  The little bugger opened up about 10 packs of mesquite and tossed the bisquets all over the patio.  Looks like he may have even eaten some too.  I hope he got a sliver on his tongue! >:(  Anyone ever try smoked raccoon?
Oh well, at least it wasn't a bear.  I'd have a much bigger mess to clean up. 

Gizmo

I wonder if you could train the raccoon to load the pucks, set the temp, and check on the progress without eating the meat.   ;D
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

classicrockgriller

Hope the coon didn't eat some mesquite brisquettes.

He may not make it very far! ;D

ArnieM

"The little bugger opened up about 10 packs of mesquite"  Must be a Texas 'coon.

I don't know why they'd go after that stuff.  My wife feeds our 'coon family dry dog food and table scraps.  We've never had a problem with them - yet.

I've heard smoked/roasted 'coon was pretty good though a little greasy; never tried it.  Ours are nice and fat.  Hmmm ...
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

classicrockgriller

We have a guy at the Camp that hunts coons at nite.

I have gone with him and we spot lite the coon and try

to get a good head shot with a .22.

He skins and sells the hides and sells the coon body to

people that eat them. He always leaves one foot on the coon

cause he said the people that buy the coons want to know

they are not gettin a cat. ;D

NePaSmoKer

Did you know that the male raccoon has an ivory bone in him? Its easy to figure out  ;D........Mountain man toothpicks they called em.....hmmmmmmm

StickyDan

Man, what a night. First the coon, than I fell over while trying to take my jeans off before a shower.  Then the steam from the shower set off the fire alarm and my wife whacked me with button on the sweater she was violently swinging at the fire alarm to try to make it stop buzzing.  I need a beer!

classicrockgriller

Quote from: StickyDan on September 27, 2010, 08:10:11 PM
Man, what a night. First the coon, than I fell over while trying to take my jeans off before a shower.  Then the steam from the shower set off the fire alarm and my wife whacked me with button on the sweater she was violently swinging at the fire alarm to try to make it stop buzzing.  I need a beer!

Please post pics! please. ;D

Tiny Tim

Quote from: classicrockgriller on September 27, 2010, 08:11:29 PM

Waist up, or just of the wife laughing as she does it.

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: classicrockgriller on September 27, 2010, 08:11:29 PM

I dont know Sonny, it might not be a pretty picture  :D

StickyDan

Trust me, nobody wants to see me laying on the floor buck nekid with jeans wrapped around my ankles.  Wifey had a good laugh both about the pants and the sweater.

classicrockgriller

hal4uk

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

ArnieM

Well SD, sometimes you just have an "off day".   ;D  Things will get better - after you get the jeans off.  :D
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

FLBentRider

Quote from: ArnieM on September 27, 2010, 09:45:29 PM
Well SD, sometimes you just have an "off day".   ;D  Things will get better - after you get the jeans off.  :D

;D ;D ;D
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!