Replacement for Raptor/Procom

Started by Lasse, June 30, 2005, 09:22:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habanero Smoker

I wasn't able to reply back yesterday, a thunderstorm knock out my power.

I used your diagram and hooked up the lamp. The lamp went on and off as the Guru was adjusting the temperature. I'm not an engineer, but I think that the microprocessor in the Guru is sending a signal to a microprocessor in the Raptor, which then controls the on/off power to the smoker. I don't believe it is just a simple on/off relay.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Lasse

I want to say thanks for all the help you provided.
I think for now I stick with Osibisa's controller.

That way I don't have to go in/out and adjust the temp all the time.

Maybe the thing Olds is working on can be something also. [:)]

/Lasse

Osibisa

Hi again Lasse.
In response to your last comment, I have been using the "Modified" BS every night this weeks and it seems to be working fine. No problems whatsoever. The maximum current used by the BS is stated as 2.5 Amps I measured it as 2.7 max. The relay in the controllers is 3 amps. No need for triacs and fancy things like that. If you leave the door closed the measured temperature will be maintained within +-2 degrees by the controller. If you draw a graph of temperature and power it is like a slowly reducing sine wave as the controller pulses on and off. The pulses become quicker and more closely spaced as the control temperature is reached.

Peter.

Lasse

Nice to know,

I bought a controller and pray that it'll slip trough custom.[8D]

Have you used the out2? Any idea if that might be used as a second way to control the unit?
Maybe set this to check the meat and shut off the controller?

I'll know more when I get the controller but I can't stop asking.[:)]

/Lasse

Osibisa

Hi Lasse.
The "Out2" is not available on this model controller. It is shown on the display but there are no connections for it at the rear.

Peter.