• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

2nd KCBS Competition Results and Pics

Started by begolf25, September 30, 2010, 05:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

begolf25

I know this post is a little late but things have been crazy this month. I wanted to share our results from our 2nd full KBCS competition. We learned a lot at our first competition, made a few changes and it really paid off for us.

The competition was held at Raystown Lake in PA. If you ever get the chance to visit I highly recommend it. It is a beautiful area. Once again we went up against some of the top teams on the East Coast and even two teams from BBQ Pitmasters (3 Eyze BBQ and DivaQ). DivaQ was one of two teams from Canada.

We had a great time and we are definitely addicted to the world of competition BBQ. We finished 11th overall out of 23 teams and got calls in 3 out of 4 categories. We were just hoping for one so this was a huge accomplishment for us. We could have been in the top 5 overall but we totally botched our brisket and that really hurt us in the scoring. But considering this was our 2nd competition we couldn't have been happier with the results.

Setting up shop. We had perfect weather. Low 70's during the day and 50's at night.

We were right across from 3 Ezye BBQ and DivaQ. 3 Ezye ended up as Grand Champion.The guys from 3 Ezye were great and were more than happy to help out the rookies. Even though after the competition they told us we are cut off from the help because of how we did...lol

Here is our 7th Place Chicken. Going to go a little lighter on the sauce next time.

8th Place Pork. The pork turned out great but we worked the meat a little too much when adding the sauce and it got just a bit mushy. But still got good scores.

8th Place Ribs.

Our 16th Place Brisket. I almost didn;t even post this picture. We got caught up with other stuff and it was WAY over done. But the burnt ends were great and probably saved us from being dead ass last in brisket.

Our last competition of the year is next weekend in Mt. Airy, MD. We are going to make a few more small changes and hopefully finish in the money this time!

Bryan

NePaSmoKer

WTG Bryan

Its all looks great and congrats  ;D

SouthernSmoked

Good job guys...

Everything looks great.

Congrats!!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

KevinG

Good job Bryan! Heck you'll smoke em next time!
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

classicrockgriller

You climb up another couple of notches and you will forget you know US!

Congrats Bryan and Crew!

Hellofajob!

hal4uk

Quote from: classicrockgriller on September 30, 2010, 06:09:28 PM
You climb up another couple of notches and you will forget you know US!
Yeah...  before you know it, Bryan will mixin' with Mixon...
"Monkeys?  Turtles?  Hillbillies?  Puhhhhh-leeeeeease....  SECURITY!!!!"

Great Job, Bryan!  ;D
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

KyNola

Tenpoint5

Great job Bryan. Who cares where you end up as long as your having fun enjoying food family and making new friends. That is what makes it all worth it.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

SnellySmokesEm

Good Job Brian!  Get 'em next time.  Chicken and Ribs looks money!
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

GusRobin

"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Habanero Smoker

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Pachanga

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE TEAM,

Very interesting report and great photos.

Keep it coming.  I will compete vicariously through your efforts.

Good luck on the next one.

Pachanga

BuyLowSellHigh

It's all impressive and a great job.  Won't be long before you're on the tube as one of the great Masters.  Keep up the good work!
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here