Another Dutch Oven Pizza

Started by seemore, October 01, 2010, 06:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seemore

I really struggle with pizza dough when I am at home.
However, when we camp, it must be the combination of the heat/humidity and the Dutch oven, because they always turn out so well:

It was for Seemore's birthday:

I do believe that Tasha has taken to this camping thing too:

Mrs S

KevinG

That pizza does look great! It does kinda look like you're camping in your driveway though.  ;D
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

classicrockgriller

Pizza looks fantastic.

Glad you guys are out having Fun!

hal4uk

Ohhhhh...  THAT looks gooooooood!!!
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

DarqMan

I love doing pizza and that one looks mighty fine!
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.

deb415611

Nice!  Is that pulled pork peeking out from under the cheese?

pensrock

Love pizza when the cheese starts to brown like that.  :)

DarqMan

Quote from: pensrock on October 02, 2010, 07:20:02 AM
Love pizza when the cheese starts to brown like that.  :)

Making sure the cheese is toasted is a must on all my pizzas.  I love it.
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.

RossP

Oh that pizza does look real good, any chance of getting your dough recipe for the Dutch Oven?

Ross
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

rdevous

.....do I want a piece of pizza or cake first???......decisions...decisions...decisions!!!  ??? ??? ???

Ray

If you can't smoke it.....you don't need it!!!

seemore

Deb, the meat is an Italian sausage blend that we have put in casings to use for brats.  It was so good as brats, we thought it would be good for a pizza topping.  It was.
Kevin, this particular Park actually does have nice big campsites.  The parking area for the truck resembles a small driveway, though!
Ross, the recipe for the pizza dough actually came from the recipe book that came along with the Kitchen Aid mixer.

Crusty Pizza Dough:
1 package active dry yeast
1 C warm water (105-115 degrees)
1/2 t salt
2 t olive oil
2 1/2 - 3 1/2 C all purpose flour
1 T cornmeal
***I also add a heaping tablespoon of King Arthur Flour pizza dough seasoning***

Dissolve yeast in warm water in warmed mixer bowl.  Add salt, olive oil, and 2 1/2 C flour.  Attach bowl and Spiral Dough Hook;  turn to Speed 2 and mix about 1 minute.
Continuing on Speed 2, add remaining flour, 1/2 C at a time, and mix about 1 1/2 minutes, or until dough starts to clean sides of bowl.  Knead on Speed 2 about 2 minutes longer.
Place dough in greased bowl, turning to grease top.  Cover.  Let rise in warm place, free from draft, about 1 hour, or until doubled in bulk.  Punch dough down.
Brush 14-inch pizza pan - in this case, we used our 10 inch Dutch - with oil.  Sprinkle with cornmeal.  Press dough across bottom of pan, forming a collar around the edge to hold toppings.
Add toppings, as desired.  Bake at 450 degrees for 15 - 20 minutes.

If you are using a Dutch, you will have to have a certain number of coals for the top and the bottom to make 450 degrees.  You also turn the oven a quarter turn every 15 minutes throughout the cook.

RossP

Thanks I have a 12 inch dutch oven. I will be making pizza next camping trip.

Ross
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

SnellySmokesEm

Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

BuyLowSellHigh

That is one great looking pie! 

Has me thinking I need to get a Dutch oven (to go with my Dutch wife   :-\  ). 
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

seemore

Thank you all.  I wish I would have the same results when I make pizza dough at home............... :-[
BLSH, when I was in college - back in 1978-1979! - there was a girl from Holland who was an exchange student.
Punk rock was HUGE back then, and it was so cute to see her with her chopped hair with black, pink, and green in it wearing leather, walking down the dorm halls wearing her traditional wooden shoes!!!
She was the sweetest thing!
Mrs