• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Guess what? I'm allergy free!

Started by Smokeville, October 04, 2010, 10:31:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokeville

35 years ago I learned I was allergic to salmon, shrimp, lobster and crab.

For the past two years I have smoked salmon for my dear wife, daughters and daughter-in-law.

I decided to get re-tested, and sure enough, I'm allergy free.

I have 35 years of salmon eating to catch up on, so excuse me while I go and defrost some.......

The irony would be that after all these years I don't like salmon......

Rich

FLBentRider

That's great news Rich.

On the flip side, my daughter recently learned that after eating shrimp for 15 years, now she is allergic!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

classicrockgriller

Growing up I was allergic to ALL shell fish and 100's of other things.

About the only thing I can not eat now is Crab.

Life is good!

But like FLBR's daughter, my daughter did the reverse.

I feel bad for them both.

Smokeville

Allergies are funny things.

That would be terrible, developing an allergy instead of losing one. But, as I think about it, when I was in public and early high school, my mother often made salmon sandwiches and I never remember being ill. My first reaction was to shrimp when I was 16 or 17, the 1st time I had Chinese food.

So, FLBR, maybe your daughter will grow out of it.

I kept thinking I should be re-tested for the past 10 years.

Quarlow

Congrats Smokeville. I know I would be doing alot of make up eating for the many years of not being able to. As a baby I was allergic to all milk except soya milk. We only got powdered milk as children which I was able to drink. Then when I was about 8 my grampa gave me whole unpastuerized cows milk. Man was that stuff good. I ended up completely covered in hives but it was worth it. My mom freaked out when I came home from spending the weekend there. She had me so covered in calmine lotion I looked like a pink bunny from hell. Over the years I kept drinking it when I was at his house and eventually grew out of the allergy. I am also allergic to cats dogs and anything with fur but we always had pets. My childhood was spent with pockets full of kleanex and runny noses. But I wouldn't be without them.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

classicrockgriller

What's the old saying .... What don't kill you, makes you stronger.

ArnieM

Good for you Rich.  Now make up a pot of Boulibase with all those nasty ingredients.  Have the EMS standing by.

When I was a kid, I was allergic to everything.  Pretty much grown out of it now.  It's funny how it can come and go.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

classicrockgriller

I have become allergic to WORK!

I break out in a sweat just thinking about it.

I'll have nightmares tonite. ;D

Smokeville

Quote from: ArnieM on October 04, 2010, 04:24:03 PM

Have the EMS standing by.

The doctor said that if I was still concerned, I could bring some salmon to his office and eat it there. Of course, that meant I could share with the staff, although he didn't say that.....

ArnieM

You should start slowly Rich.  Send some salmon to my house, I'll eat it and you can see how you feel.  ;D
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Pachanga

Quote from: ArnieM on October 05, 2010, 08:33:23 AM
You should start slowly Rich.  Send some salmon to my house, I'll eat it and you can see how you feel.  ;D

Nice One  ;D ;D ;D

Pachanga