which pid

Started by bardfromedson, October 05, 2010, 05:30:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


 Hey i just bought the new bradly digital 6 rack smoker and have noticed that the temperature really varies and am wondering what after market thermomerter to buy.  I have read a little and would like a 2 probe but am not sure which brand name to buy.



I think the best would probably be Auberin's PID temperature controller. It is designed for the bradley and is plug and play. They have a single probe and the new dual probe. I have a single probe and it works awesomely(if that is a word). If you can spend the extra dough get the dual. It is real nice to have the smoker temp and the food temp controlled for you.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

One Big Easy, plus one in a box.


I've got a single probe with my 6 rack and it works great.    A dual probe would be nice though.   When you reach the desired IT it will shut the smoker off.    Not a necessity but nice.


if it is within you budget, go with the dual probe. Get the "dangling" probe, not the wall mount.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Habanero Smoker

Here is a nice article Hawkeyesmokes wrote up;
Single/Dual Probes PID



Quote from: GusRobin on October 05, 2010, 07:35:12 PM
if it is within you budget, go with the dual probe. Get the "dangling" probe, not the wall mount.

WeQ4u - BBQ Team

(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little


If you want the dual probe i would suggest you to wait until next week the 1202 will be release with alot of improvements its worth to wait.