Auburn vs Kentucky 2010 - some butts...

Started by SouthernSmoked, October 09, 2010, 11:06:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

Yep Dump the yardbird. Use the KISS principle. Less is more they say. Less options, less guess work, less waiting, less hassle. Then she can turn and burn the customers faster threw the line.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

SouthernSmoked

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on October 11, 2010, 08:46:15 AM
Yep Dump the yardbird. Use the KISS principle. Less is more they say. Less options, less guess work, less waiting, less hassle. Then she can turn and burn the customers faster threw the line.

That's what I was thinking. Less is more.
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

BuyLowSellHigh

Nice smoking, Dad!  It all looks awesome.

A couple of thoughts ...

Simplify - dump the bologna. have one chicken offering.  Remember this is walk around and eat out of your hand food.

Go with familiar fav's - if she wants to keep chicken, then make it a barbecue chicken sandwich (breast, grilled and sauced), easy to walk and eat.

Price - too cheap; in the restaurant trade revenues should be at least 5X basic materials cost (in this case, the meats).  You can shave the margin on the bev's and the chips, but you should still be getting 5X on the balance.  The pork sandwich should be a buck more, same price on the chix sandwich, brats add 0.50.  As I look at it she's giving away the sides.
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

hal4uk

Just throwing another idea in the mix, SS...
You could do smoked leg quarters whole - not pulled sandwiches (way less work).  She could just serve em on a sheet of foil (food service sheets). 
They're dirt cheap to buy and they taste great.  Heck, I'd buy one if I was walking by!
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Shasta bob

How did you come by the Papa Johns Green Bags? are they for sale?and if so how much.
2 ea. Bradley - OBS
Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Temp Test Intelligent Thermometer
Weber Gensis BBQ
Weber Baby Q
Smoke from thermoworks
Blackstone 4 burner

SouthernSmoked

Quote from: Shasta bob on October 12, 2010, 06:27:28 AM
How did you come by the Papa Johns Green Bags? are they for sale?and if so how much.

Hey Shasta bob, I know the local owner here and back in 2009 in did a few butts for a party that they were having. He had gave me a couple to haul the food, I liked them so much I asked how I could purchase a couple or so and he sold me 8 new ones at $40.00. Now I have a dozen bags.

I might be able to get you a couple if you would like them.
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

Shasta bob

2 ea. Bradley - OBS
Auber PID