• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Leave smoke generator on after smoking?

Started by jimmyb, October 18, 2010, 08:11:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmyb

I'm still new to smoking with the Bradley. Only one smoke under my belt and it turned out ok. My question is regarding the smoke generator. Should I leave this on the entire time even after smoking? Also, should I removed the additional pucks that are left after I am done with smoking?

RAF128

The smoke generator will make more heat which might come in handy with cooler temperature.    If you need the extra heat by all mean, leave it on.   Just be sure to get all the ashes off the heating element and take out the other pucks.

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

ArnieM

I time the smoke.  Then quickly open the door and knock off what's left of the last burned puck.  

I leave the SG on for the extra heat.  The (OBS) cabinet temp is controlled by a PID.  I don't remove the remaining pucks.  If one gets charred up, it's about 35 cents worth.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

schneep

Buy some Bubba Pucks to get the most out of your wood pucks, and leave the smoke generator on.
Retirement, Everyday's a Holiday, and every night's a Saturday night!!

GusRobin

I use the bubba pucks and they knock off the last wood puck. The use the Auber dual PID which allows you to turn the SG on and off at whatever time you set. I have the 2nd element installed so I don't need the extra heat.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

beefmann

mine turns off automatically, then again i do have a 900 watt main element so i have plenty of  heat and a blower to go along with it. if your  running only  the  original 500 watts then  yes leave the burner  on

DTAggie