• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Summer Sausage Casings

Started by Tenpoint5, October 19, 2010, 11:27:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

Brian If this is in the wrong place please put it in the right one.

OK Guys and Gals I was doing a little searching for a better price on my Brat seasoning that I buy. ($3.99 for 25# of Brats) I found it for $1.823 but I have to buy it by the case 50 packages at a time. That isn't much of a problem. What I did find is that this place also sells Summer Sausage casings. I called them and they are sending me a new updated catalog and the current price list. I am thinking that if there is enough interest I will put together an order and once it arrives I will send them out to those that would like to join in. Here's what we are looking at:

2 1/2 x 20 Mahogany                $.36 (1-999) $.34 (1000+)

2 1/2 x 20 Clear                       $.33 (1-999) $.30 (1000+)

40 x 18 Clear Collagen Rounds   $.35 (1-999) $.33 (1000+)

If you think you might be interested in getting in on an order let me know and we can see about doing this.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

NePaSmoKer

pikeman_95

Tenpoint5

Chris.

Did your source of casings have a good price on hog casings. This last year I was paying $37 per hank. I believe they would do 120 pounds. The casings that I got were fresh but salted and frozen. [not the salted and dried version]

Kirby

squirtthecat

Sure, I'm game for some..  I'd be interested in a few brat seasoning packets as well.

pensrock

Tenpoint5

Quote from: pikeman_95 on October 19, 2010, 01:47:08 PM
Tenpoint5

Chris.

Did your source of casings have a good price on hog casings. This last year I was paying $37 per hank. I believe they would do 120 pounds. The casings that I got were fresh but salted and frozen. [not the salted and dried version]

Kirby

Kirby they do sell the hanks by the bag (fresh in salt brine) 32/34 for $32.30 and a pail of 12 hanks $30 a hank

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

pikeman_95

check your private messages
Kirby

pikeman_95

Thanks for checking.

I would imagine by the time we add freight I would be about where I am now. The store I get them from keep them in fresh all the time.

Kirby

Tenpoint5

Probably so. BTW I replied to the message.

goblism

I might be interested, interested in the clear fibrous and maybe some brat seasoning if its the right bradn (leggs)  Whats the name of this place?

Tenpoint5

The Brat seasoning is Witts or it used to be called that

Tenpoint5

Hey Guys I also found another place that I can get the Honeycomb casing as well. The tube I bought is 80mm x 49ft it only cost me $54.18 plus shipping. Compared to what I have seen around the internet. That is a damn good price!! I also sweet talked the nice young lady into sending me some clear fibrous casing samples. OK she offered to send them she sent me 10 of them to try. Here is a couple of pics of the casings I got. BTW I ordered on Friday received on Monday.

The Honeycomb casing. I have to make my own casings but I can make them any size I want. I like that option.

The clear fibrous casing sample I also received.

squirtthecat

So you tie the 'honeycomb' around the actual casing?   Looks interesting...

smokeNcanuck

what purpose does the "honeycomb" serve?? 
Is it just for looks?
Did they really come all the way from Mexico?
Either Way....I'm Smoke'N It

Tenpoint5

Quote from: squirtthecat on November 01, 2010, 05:54:32 PM

So you tie the 'honeycomb' around the actual casing?   Looks interesting...

No the honeycomb is already around the casing. The honey comb is for looks and when sliced will give you a daisy flower shaped slice of meat. I am not sure where these came from but the box the box is from the fibrous casing samples and it may have been made in Mexico.