• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

rib rack

Started by elweezo, October 21, 2010, 09:46:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elweezo

Anyone tried one in the smoker yet
I thought I had something intersting to put here but then I thought again

classicrockgriller

Sure! There are people here hanging ribs from the top of the Bradley.

hal4uk

I usually put my rib racks about 10 feet away from the smoker, so they don't catch fire.
Others have their own ways.
Awrighten.
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

elweezo

Hanging? I have only seen the racks that sit on shelf  ala

http://www.amazon.com/Steven-Raichlen-Best-Barbecue-Nonstick/dp/B000AXQAIS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1287752634&sr=8-3

Would love to know how to hang ribs

thanks
Mike

BuyLowSellHigh

Cookshack's rib hook - put the long end right behind the 2nd rib on the small end, large end hangs down, put the short end of the hook up through the bottom of a Bradley rack and hang from the rack (inverted if you wish).  Get 'em from Allied Kenco

http://www.alliedkenco.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/744

I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

elweezo

Thanks BuyLowSellHigh,  will purchase.   Cant wait to get em.

hal4uk  Why do u think rib racks are a fire hazard?   I would really like to know since I have been 3rd degree burned over 60%  of my body.     

mike

Tenpoint5

Mike I sure hope your moniker has nothing to do with your injuries. If it does let me know and I will remove this comment ASAP!!

If you stick around here very long I will rename you. Just as classicrockriller has been renamed the Smoking Monkey. You will be dubbed El Weasel or Weasel for short!!! ;D ;D I don't know why but when I read your name I read it as El Weasel
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

KyNola

As for Hal's rib rack comment I think that was Hal's humor coming through again.  Rib rack......a rack of ribs. As in "I am going to the butcher to buy a rack of ribs".

elweezo

nah, its short and I  use it everywhere cuz no one else would think of it.  I dont mind weasel  sounds conniving, which could be fun.

Hal's sense of humor----   I will catch on to that as I will prolly be around to get lots of info. I just dont have alot of respect for fire. I had it B4 but it has been magnified

Mike

KyNola

Don't kid yourself.  You will never catch on to Hal's sense of humor.  Nobody does, including Hal. :o :D

Tenpoint5

OK then Weasel it is!! Welcome Aboard.

Quote from: KyNola on October 22, 2010, 07:28:22 AM
Don't kid yourself.  You will never catch on to Hal's sense of humor.  Nobody does, including Hal. :o :D
Yeah that boy aint wrapped real tight!! Some might even say hes a 12 pack shy of a case most days!! ;D
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

BuyLowSellHigh

Quote from: elweezo on October 22, 2010, 07:23:45 AM
nah, its short and I  use it everywhere cuz no one else would think of it.  I dont mind weasel  sounds conniving, which could be fun.

Hal's sense of humor----   I will catch on to that as I will prolly be around to get lots of info. I just dont have alot of respect for fire. I had it B4 but it has been magnified

Mike

If you start understanding Hal (or think you do), then all hope is lost for you.  There are some things in life that are meant to not be understood.
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

elweezo

Just want U all to know. Dont tiptoe around me cuz I got burned.   I am not a whinny wimp,  I love all form of humorous abuse, thats what attracted me to my wife. She pulls NO punches

Weasel   

squirtthecat

Quote from: elweezo on October 22, 2010, 07:41:15 AM
Just want U all to know. Dont tiptoe around me cuz I got burned.   I am not a whinny wimp,  I love all form of humorous abuse, thats what attracted me to my wife. She pulls NO punches

Weasel   

Welcome!  You'll fit right in around here...

classicrockgriller

Quote from: squirtthecat on October 22, 2010, 07:43:12 AM
Quote from: elweezo on October 22, 2010, 07:41:15 AM

Weasel   

Welcome!  You'll fit right in around here...

My Wifey throws punches. ;D

Me thinks you will have a great time here.

STC and I are probably the only two people that understand Hal and I'm not sure I do (all the time)

But he has a heart as big as the world and he cares. I Love that guy!