• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Cleaning?

Started by Smokechop, October 24, 2010, 04:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokechop

I know it say's in the book to wipe the seal for the door and it's mating surface down and to wash the tray, v-shaped guard and bowl with soapy water. Clean the smoke system and feed for the pucks. But the little lady wants to know if she should scrub the v- shaped guard with an sos or brillo pad to get all the residue off the underside? I told her I didn't know and would ask the forum being this is the first time out. So there it is should all stainless steel parts be kept hounds tooth clean or what?

Thanks Mark ???

beefmann

get off   the bulky drippings, and grease off of everything and you  will be fine, also  over time it  will discolor from usage so no worries,  main concerns would be on the puck feeder and around the heating  element keep them clean .

Rainmaker

I read somewhere on this forum to try using Bounce fabric softener sheets.  I tried them after my last smoke and found they work really well.

Sailor

I keep the top of the V try nice and shiny when I wash it after the smoke.  Get all the grease and dried stuff off.  As for the underside, I don't worry too much about it.  I figure it is smoke residue and what does not come off after a soak and and a scrub I don't care too much about it.  Important thing is to keep the top and the slot area shiny.

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

GusRobin

I took a tip from CRG and spray the racks, and v tray with Dawn Power Dissolver. I let it sit a while then give it a litlle scrub with the SOS and throw it in the dishwasher.  I scrub the top of the tray and let the dishwasher get whatever off the bottom. It comes out pretty clean.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Smokechop

Thanks everyone I will make her clean as I can where she needs it feeder and element, and the rest I'll do my best!! I want to have this for along time and I'm to damn anal to not keep things nice. You folks sure seem hospitable to the new guy. I hope some day I can help someone new as you are doing for me.

Thanks Mark

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Smokechop on October 24, 2010, 06:47:32 PM
Thanks everyone I will make her clean as I can where she needs it feeder and element, and the rest I'll do my best!! I want to have this for along time and I'm to damn anal to not keep things nice. You folks sure seem hospitable to the new guy. I hope some day I can help someone new as you are doing for me.

Thanks Mark

Mark we is so nice to the new guy because we was the new guy and someone helped us. So it is just natural to pay it forward. Besides wait till you been here a while then we will start ragging on you for doing bonehead things. The ones that we all do and sometimes forget we did them. Just ask NePaSmoker how hot a Bubba puck gets!! and how hot it is the second time you grab one.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

thirtydaZe

be careful when scrubbing the v-tray.  the notches are sharp.  wife sliced the tip of her finger running across the edge.

glad it wasn't me......

DBS 6 Rack
Auber PID 1202 Dual Probe
Yoder Cheyenne 16

KyNola

Or....you could ask me how hot a bubba puck gets even after I read about how NePaS learned a bubba puck will get hot. :o :P