• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

I hope to meet Nepa for lunch 10-26-10

Started by TMB, October 25, 2010, 06:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GusRobin

Quote from: FLBentRider on October 26, 2010, 12:25:07 PM
Nice - Where's the beer?  ::)

Short notice. Skipped out of work for a long lunch but had to return. For some reason they frown when you have beer for lunch. We were going to meet at Gibson's for some BBQ but Mrs NePas' appointment took longer than expected so we ended up in a Wal-Mart parking lot. Seems like everytime I meet someone from this forum it is in a parking lot, we are swapping bags, and someone is taking pictures. Why does it always feel like a meth deal going down? It was great meeting Rick and seeing TMB and Test Rocket again. Just wish we could of had more time. As noted, it was short notice so I didn't have any wampum to exchange so I need to send Rick some goodies when he ever gets back home. He gave me some CT, some jerky, and sausage sticks. Broke into the jerky, and I think after I "master" sausage making I'll move on to jerky.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

hal4uk

I'm glad to see we're not the only ones meeting beerless in parking lots!   ;D
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

FLBentRider

Quote from: GusRobin on October 26, 2010, 12:37:16 PM

Short notice. Skipped out of work for a long lunch but had to return. For some reason they frown when you have beer for lunch. We were going to meet at Gibson's for some BBQ but Mrs NePas' appointment took longer than expected so we ended up in a Wal-Mart parking lot. Seems like everytime I meet someone from this forum it is in a parking lot, we are swapping bags, and someone is taking pictures. Why does it always feel like a meth deal going down? It was great meeting Rick and seeing TMB and Test Rocket again. Just wish we could of had more time. As noted, it was short notice so I didn't have any wampum to exchange so I need to send Rick some goodies when he ever gets back home. He gave me some CT, some jerky, and sausage sticks. Broke into the jerky, and I think after I "master" sausage making I'll move on to jerky.

Remember when a beer @ lunch was ok?

Sounds like you guys had a good meeting. We've met some of the Mrs. online friends - at disney usually -  I know how it goes.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

SouthernSmoked

Road Trip Getaway becomes Road Trip Get Together!

Awesome!!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

KyNola

Gotta love swapping the swag!  That NePaS is an OK guy.

squirtthecat

Very cool!

Yeah, beer for lunch would be frowned upon here as well..   

GusRobin

Quote from: hal4uk on October 26, 2010, 12:57:33 PM

We probably need to set some rules before this beerless thing becomes contagious! ::)
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

hal4uk

Quote from: GusRobin on October 26, 2010, 01:12:10 PM
Quote from: hal4uk on October 26, 2010, 12:57:33 PM

We probably need to set some rules before this beerless thing becomes contagious! ::)
Maybe we can teach the "ICE GIRL" to drive?
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

deb415611

Quote from: FLBentRider on October 26, 2010, 01:01:06 PM
Quote from: GusRobin on October 26, 2010, 12:37:16 PM

Remember when a beer @ lunch was ok?

Sounds like you guys had a good meeting. We've met some of the Mrs. online friends - at disney usually -  I know how it goes.

There was beer at my house  :D

GusRobin

We were in the Wal Mart parking lot so obviously you live in the wrong place.  ;D

deb415611

Quote from: GusRobin on October 26, 2010, 01:38:16 PM

We were in the Wal Mart parking lot so obviously you live in the wrong place.  ;D

I should have cut some of the quotes out...  I was referring to FLBentrider's meeting of online friends.

GusRobin

Quote from: deb415611 on October 26, 2010, 01:43:42 PM
Quote from: GusRobin on October 26, 2010, 01:38:16 PM

I should have cut some of the quotes out...  I was referring to FLBentrider's meeting of online friends.

I know I was just being a smart--s ::) ::)

pensrock

The first of many stops for Rick. Its always cool to meet others from the forum. I think by time Rick gets back to PA his cooler will be empty but will have met many of the forum members. BTW.... I do not think he speaks funny.  ??? ;D

deb415611

carnie1