• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

I hope to meet Nepa for lunch 10-26-10

Started by TMB, October 25, 2010, 06:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TestRocket

Tommy called me at 12:10 and said the meet was on and I left the house within 5 minutes. My cell phone rang again when I was about a mile from Gibson's and he tells me about plan "B" Wally World parking lot in Madison. Hey, NePaS drove 1000 miles I can drive half way across the county! I told Tommy I was only 3 minutes from him and if he would wait we could follow each other. It was more like trying to "keep up" with my 4 cylinder pickup floored and TMB's V8 truck only a blur in the traffic ahead of me.

The visit was short and sweet (well once I taste the treats he gave me I'm thinking it will be more smoky then sweet) and knowing our time was so short the conversation bounced around a lot as we all asked questions of each other to do our best get to know each other a little better.

To NePaS and his wife I say "be safe and have fun" on this long road trip still ahead of you and "thank you" for the kind treats. I'm sorry I didn't get to meet the better half this time but I really enjoyed meeting Rick!

FLBentRider

Quote from: deb415611 on October 26, 2010, 01:29:17 PM
There was beer at my house  :D

Yes I do believe there was beer at the best campground in CT!

And there will certainly NOT be a lack of "Adultury beverages" or "wobbly pops" at the FLSO.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

TestRocket

Cheers! As I take a sip of a fine southern whiskey for fun to be had by all!

TMB

Quote from: TestRocket on October 26, 2010, 05:19:40 PM
Cheers! As I take a sip of a fine southern whiskey for fun to be had by all!
Not to much, save some for my bourbon sauce!   ;D
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

SnellySmokesEm

Man it sounds like this should be called NEPAS' World Tour!  Even though it was short it still sounds like you guys had a great time!  Again its nice to put faces next to other forum members.  Cant wait to meet NEPAS one his FL leg of the "World Tour".

And Gus, get ready for some more swag.  I'm sending out a box for you tomorrow.
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

GusRobin

Quote from: SnellySmokesEm on October 26, 2010, 06:00:03 PM
And Gus, get ready for some more swag.  I'm sending out a box for you tomorrow.
oh boy  oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy ;D ;D ;D
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

NePaSmoKer

Yeah had a short but good time with family. My wife feels bad that she didn't get to meet you guys and shoot the cheet, LOL.        We will see you guys again I'm sure.        Ya'll are great. See I have southern draw. HAHA

TMB

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on October 26, 2010, 07:00:46 PM
     Ya'll are great. See I have southern draw. HAHA
With a slight northern twang!   ;D   It was great to meet you face to face and I'm sure our paths will cross again.
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

DTAggie

Tenpoint5

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on October 26, 2010, 07:00:46 PM
      Ya'll are great. See I have southern draw. HAHA

Drawing on a napkin with a pencil you took from the local hotel, DOES NOT qualify as a Southern Draw Rick!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!