• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Thanks NePaS for my Creole sausage dinner!

Started by TestRocket, October 27, 2010, 07:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TestRocket

I cooked mine about the same way TMB did his (with onions) and added some Zatarain's  Jumbalaya mix as a side! Yummy!

A little prep:

Browning of the sausage before the onions went in:

Plated and ready to sit down and eat:

That was better then good:

And some leftovers to boot:

LOL, I get to enjoy our short time together one more day! Thank you!

Tenpoint5

Sure enough looks like a good meal! That was just a quick meet and greet good thing it wasn't a long one think of the trouble you could have gotten into!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

TMB

TR, I told you it was good stuff!   We need to get with GusRobin and make sausage one weekend. I have a stuffer and he has a grinder.  Now from what I have been told Tenpoint5 has some good recipes, maybe we can hit him up for a few
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

Tenpoint5

Don't do it guys!!! Once you start into the sausage making thing it's worse than a crack addiction. You just can't stop and your always thinking of how to make it better, make it different, how to improve on it the next time, etc...

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Smokin Soon

Tommy, what sausages are you more interested, fresh or smoked? Just jump in there get a Bradley, a grinder and a stuffer. When your freezer is full it will save you money in the long run. Just compare the price of a 7 lb butt with 5 lb of sausage. Not to mention Bacon, I used to give out smoked cheese and such for x-mas. Now everyone wants Bacon! At 1.99 a lb for bellies, so be it. Plus we all would like to see how you would supercharge a Bradley!!!

Ka Honu

Quote from: Smokin Soon on October 27, 2010, 09:48:31 PM... Plus we all would like to see how you would supercharge a Bradley!!!

Be afraid.  Be very afraid.

TMB

Quote from: Smokin Soon on October 27, 2010, 09:48:31 PM
Tommy, what sausages are you more interested, fresh or smoked? Just jump in there get a Bradley, a grinder and a stuffer. When your freezer is full it will save you money in the long run. Just compare the price of a 7 lb butt with 5 lb of sausage. Not to mention Bacon, I used to give out smoked cheese and such for x-mas. Now everyone wants Bacon! At 1.99 a lb for bellies, so be it. Plus we all would like to see how you would supercharge a Bradley!!!
My late Father would make some of the best Italian sausage you could find and I  want to try and make it.  I have the spice and a stuffer just need to get 50 lbs of course ground pork and I'm in business!   

The other day when I met with Gus, TR and NePA, Gus said he wanted to make sausage and was wanting to buy a stuffing machine.  Well I have a good size one and if TR and Gus want to get together one weekend I say we need to try.

As for Ka Honu's commit,  he's right be afraid be very afraid!!!  LOL       Cause you never know what lurks in the mind of a auto mechanic with time on his hands!!!!   ;D
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

GusRobin

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on October 27, 2010, 07:57:37 PM
Don't do it guys!!! Once you start into the sausage making thing it's worse than a crack addiction. You just can't stop and your always thinking of how to make it better, make it different, how to improve on it the next time, etc...

Too late, I have already been bitten.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

GusRobin

QuoteThe other day when I met with Gus, TR and NePA, Gus said he wanted to make sausage and was wanting to buy a stuffing machine.  Well I have a good size one and if TR and Gus want to get together one weekend I say we need to try.

"Have grinder, will travel"
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

Tenpoint5

Quote from: GusRobin on October 28, 2010, 05:43:21 AM
Quote from: Tenpoint5 on October 27, 2010, 07:57:37 PM

Too late, I have already been bitten.

Dang it!! I thought there was still hope. I will look around and see what I can find for you guys to play with.

TestRocket

Help! Help! Help! I' feel like I'm being pulled in...........

Tenpoint5

Quote from: TestRocket on October 28, 2010, 06:37:16 AM
Help! Help! Help! I' feel like I'm being pulled in...........

It's too late for you my friend your trapped in the vacuum. There is no way out.

GusRobin

One day last month my wife opened the fridge and there was a 22 lb pork leg being brined to make ham, a 12 lb turkey in brine, 2 pork butts rubbed and wrapped, and a brisket rubbed and wrapped. She turned and looked at me and said, "how come ever since you got this Bradley thing everytime I open the fridge I feel like Jeffrey Dahmer's wife" . Of course in her next breath she said " So what are you going to make for me this weekend?"

Tenpoint5

Quote from: GusRobin on October 28, 2010, 07:44:46 AM
One day last month my wife opened the fridge and there was a 22 lb pork leg being brined to make ham, a 12 lb turkey in brine, 2 pork butts rubbed and wrapped, and a brisket rubbed and wrapped. She turned and looked at me and said, "how come ever since you got this Bradley thing everytime I open the fridge I feel like Jeffrey Dahmer's wife" . Of course in her next breath she said " So what are you going to make for me this weekend?"

That's Funny!!

TestRocket

Starting to see the need for a second fridge around our house too!