• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

First Smoke Success - almost

Started by TonyL222, October 29, 2010, 06:30:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smoker pete

Quote from: TonyL222 on October 29, 2010, 05:38:15 PM
Smoker Pete, the remote meter does sound nice.  But if the Auber does it's job I shouldn't have to worry about it.  "Just set it and forget it" as the infomercials say.

Like I said before Tony ... Nice looking bird there.  Looks like you're off to a great start.

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl

SoCalBuilder

Tony - I agree that the PID should do everything but refill the water pan and spritz your brisket (sorry, that sounded kinda dirty), I still find myself wandering over to check on the little read readout. I even found myself setting the alarm on my Blackberry to remind me to go look at it. So I have one of the new Mavericks on back order with Bryan. I figure it'll give me peace of mind on the overnight smokes with the IT alarm and if you have multiple racks of meat going you can just probe everything.

Bottom line, you can't have too many tools (or toys, take your pick) ;D

Have a great weekend
Randy

TonyL222

I hear ya and agree.  I've got a 7lb butt cooking now and have checked several times (using the PID and it's working like a champ).  I doubt if I'll check so much on future smokes now that I'm feeling comfortable with the PID.  I do have a Brookstone remote temp gauge, but I can't seem to find the transmitter.  Only 100ft range, though.