• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Pork Steak Smoked???

Started by Cotton, July 07, 2005, 06:46:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cotton

Has anyone tried smoking pork steak??  If so for how long and how?

jon s smokhouse

How long would depend on how much and how thick the cut... What I have done is smoked the meat long enough to get the smoke taste (usualy) 60-90 minutes then finish cooking the conventional way...

JJC

Welcome to the Forum, John!  I've cold-smoked pork steaks for an hour and then cooked themn on the grill (my preferred method) or smoked them until done in the BS (2 hr smoke and usually another 30-60 min of smoking at 210-220, depending on the thickness of the cut.

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

rosegc30

How about smoking it for 3 hours at 225 degrees, wrap it up in tin foil with some liquids of choice for another 2 hours at the same 225 degrees, and vwhala!!! nice and juicy!!!

Ka Honu

I usually use them to make Tasso.  Didn't ever think of cooking them as an entree.  Who knew?

rmdodson

I agree with jon s. I've done that with mesquite smoke on ribeyes & it really tastes great! The smoke adds a different flavor that can't be beat.

db14

Quote from: Ka Honu on April 17, 2010, 07:17:31 PM
I usually use them to make Tasso.  Didn't ever think of cooking them as an entree.  Who knew?
They are widely used as entrees in my area, you can even order them at restaurants.  They are a great way to feed a lot of people for cheap also.