• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Group Buys on the Forum

Started by love the smoke, November 02, 2010, 10:52:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

love the smoke

I belong to a few other forums, but the number of group buys on this forum is quite amazing, sure other forums have a group buy EVERY once in a while but seems we have about two or three going on at once here (I am involved in 2  now)

And the people that organize these group buys they are amazing as well, what do they get out of it? Oh sure they save a few bucks because they get a quantity order, but look at all the organizing they need to do keep track of, names, addys, $, and a few misc things. And some of them order the the product then get paid, some order product send out and then get paid. Send out the product before you get paid! that accounts for what kind of people we have that support and frequent this forum peoples who's word is GOOD and are good honest people.

So everybody give yourselves a pat on the back, the people that organize group buys give yourself two and a aataboy,

I for one really appreciate and  THANK YOU

LTS
LTS

SnellySmokesEm

Ditto!  Well said.

Great Forum, Great Guys, Great Advice.....
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

Wildcat

There have been some on here in the past that have stiffed a supplier, but the vast majority are honest decent folks. There are a couple of dealers on here that make a small profit, but most of the ones that are doing "group buys" are very generous and actually give people things at their expense sometimes. As far as I know these people get nothing out of it other than a discount for their purchases and satisfaction that they helped others.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Wildcat on November 02, 2010, 01:51:58 PM
There have been some on here in the past that have stiffed a supplier, but the vast majority are honest decent folks. There are a couple of dealers on here that make a small profit, but most of the ones that are doing "group buys" are very generous and actually give people things at their expense sometimes. As far as I know these people get nothing out of it other than a discount for their purchases and satisfaction that they helped others.

Just make you feel good about yourself and others. I think that during these economic times folks may not have a pot to P... in but they have a window to throw it out of. And if they can help in some small way. It just makes them feel better about the whole thing. Yes it is refreshing to know that there is still Good, Honest, Decent people in this world and quite a few of them reside right here on this forum!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Quarlow

I can say without a doubt that the price for the CT import we did to Canada was super cheap.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

pensrock

You won't find a better group than this one.  :)

TestRocket

Quote from: SnellySmokesEm on November 02, 2010, 11:16:10 AM

I'll second that! Thanks everybody!

TMB

Quote from: TestRocket on November 03, 2010, 05:14:08 AM
Quote from: SnellySmokesEm on November 02, 2010, 11:16:10 AM

I'll second that! Thanks everybody!
I'll have to say this site is one of they best if not the best on the web.  I belong to a few and I have yet to find a site anywhere like it an I don't even own aBradley yet   (but working on that)
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

SouthernSmoked

Great Forum, Great Guys, Great Advice....

The way it should be!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

OU812

classicrockgriller

This is the Smokers ....... "Field of Dreams"

Mmmmmmm .... I Love this Bar!

iceman

You folks are spot on! This is a great forum family to be a part of.  :)

Quarlow

Group hug, BIG group hug!  ;D
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

KevinG

Quote from: Quarlow on November 03, 2010, 03:59:23 PM
Group hug, BIG group hug!  ;D

I'm not allowed to do that anymore, my tongue has a mind of it's own.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

BuyLowSellHigh

Quote from: KevinG on November 03, 2010, 05:54:35 PM
I'm not allowed to do that anymore, my tongue has a mind of it's own.

TMI  TMI  TMI 
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here