Three way wings on the gasser

Started by ArnieM, November 05, 2010, 04:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArnieM

The package had eleven wings.  Why couldn't they stuff another one in there?

Left were 4 marinated in CT.  The center three were coated in Mies.  The rightmost four were naked and brushed with Iceman's Sop'n Sauce for the last few minutes.  The gasser was running 400-450.

My wife and I had one of each.  She liked the crunch on the Mies but she is very partial to Iceman's sauce. 

We couldn't find a clear winner but I know what I'm having for breakfast tomorrow.  ;D

Plated up with fresh garden salad and some 'curly' flower.  The cheese hadn't melted yet.

-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

ronbeaux

The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

BuyLowSellHigh

Sound like you and Miss Debby need some help picking a winner.  Send a few of those down there and I'll be sure to let you now which ones to like best.    ;D

Good looking grub, Arnie!
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

SouthernSmoked

SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

pensrock

I have CT and love Ice's sauce but what is Mies? The wings look tasty.  :)

ArnieM

Quote from: pensrock on November 06, 2010, 06:46:04 AM
I have CT and love Ice's sauce but what is Mies? The wings look tasty.  :)

Hi pens,

The Mies is officially called a breading.  Though when cooking, it almost turns into a batter.  Pretty good stuff.

You can get small quantities at Marvin's place here:  https://www.rodakscoffeeandgrills.com/Home_Page.php  The problem is that the shipping will probably cost more than the product.  >:(

The manufacturer typically sells in bulk to restaurants.  GusRobin got 30 pounds (6x5Lb Bags) and I just got one from him.
-- Arnie

hal4uk

Looks good.  I luuuuvs grilled wings!

Does the Iceman's have a lot of sugar in it?
They look darker/crispier...

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

pensrock

Thanks Arnie, I did see a couple other posts after reading this one about Mies. I do not do much breading but like what I read about Mies. I have a sack of Autries (sp?) breading mix to try out. I think NEPAs uses it and is where I got the idea.

Hal,
  Icemans sauce is a spicy BBQ sauce. I'm sure there is sugar in it but its not a sweet sauce. IMHO  :) I'm hoarding my last two jars for a special event.  :)

ArnieM

Quote from: pensrock on November 06, 2010, 11:13:36 AM
Thanks Arnie, I did see a couple other posts after reading this one about Mies. I do not do much breading but like what I read about Mies. I have a sack of Autries (sp?) breading mix to try out. I think NEPAs uses it and is where I got the idea.

Hal,
  Icemans sauce is a spicy BBQ sauce. I'm sure there is sugar in it but its not a sweet sauce. IMHO  :) I'm hoarding my last two jars for a special event.  :)

IMHO, Iceman's sauce is a little sweet but tastes great.  I always but some in a bowl for basting so as not to contaminate the jar.  I may give it a couple of hits of Habanero sauce next time.

I'm doing beef stew from a rump roast tomorrow.  I'll use some of the Mies to thicken the gravy a bit.  I also want to try it as a thin batter on deep fried shrimp.

Experimenting is the fun part.
-- Arnie