Fried Chop in Mies

Started by ArnieM, November 09, 2010, 04:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArnieM

I've done them on the grill and in the oven.  These are the first ones fried.  Done in a cast iron pan with just a bit of Canola oil.  They came out nice and crispy but I couldn't knock off that half acorn squash and I love it (baked 450 with S&P, milk and butter with a dash of fresh ground nutmeg).  Nope, no greens.  We were stuffed.

-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

TestRocket

Grilled, baked and fried. Care to rate them 1-3?

I was within a nats butt of stopping on the way home today and picking up some pork chops to grill with the Mies I got from GusRobin last Sat. And then I realized I was to tired to break out the grill and flood light stand to grill in the dark (DST over)!

So is there a fav?

FLBentRider

Looks good Arnie.

Has anyone done a deep fat fry with Mies?
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

ArnieM

Hi TR.  I think I like them on the grill best.  But, like you, it was pitch dark and couldn't see what I was doing on the grill so they went into the pan.  The oven is my least favorite but I'll have to give it another shot.

I did some beef stew on Sunday.  I gave the beef a light coating of Mies, crowned it up and cooked it up in the slow cooker.  It came out real good.

The Mies seems pretty versatile.
-- Arnie

ArnieM

Hi FLBR - No, not yet.  There's a batter recipe on the bag.  I might give that a shot with shrimp this week.
-- Arnie

SnellySmokesEm

I have tried the mies fried in oil in a frying pan and on the grill.  I think you get a crispier crust when you fry but theres just something about fried chicken on the grill.....  How about 1 and 1a?
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist