• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Wonder what SMOKED WOLF tastes like?

Started by hal4uk, November 16, 2010, 10:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hal4uk

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

RAF128

Looks a little small for a wolf.    Think it's a cousin, a coyote.    Probably pretty gamy tasting though :-\

BuyLowSellHigh

I'd be really surprised if you had a wolf in your area.  Maybe someones wolf hybrid or a stray dog with some Malamute or Husky in it.

I had a wolf hybrid for 14 years -- half Eastern Timberwolf, half Alaskan Malamute.  Very sweet and very gregarious - loved everyone and was going to be sure you knew it.
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

classicrockgriller

Just don't miss when you fire off that shot or you might "SMOKE" a neighbor.

SouthernSmoked

Quote from: classicrockgriller on November 17, 2010, 04:35:24 AM
Just don't miss when you fire off that shot or you might "SMOKE" a neighbor.
;D ;D ;D
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

squirtthecat

That's the consensus here...   Big coyote.

We do get wolf sightings up in Northern, IL..

Caneyscud

Danged, I wish everybody would have said it was a dog.  Now Hal is going to go all around town howling and yipping like a coyote. 

They seem to be adapting to residential areas rather well around here.  I will say, I never see any stray dogs or cats anymore. 
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Tenpoint5

Thinking German shepard it looks like it has a collar on it.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

hal4uk

It ain't got a collar, and it ain't a German shepard...
Looks like a red wolf, but yeah, probably a coyote.

Whatever it is, it hunts for itself.
Took down some sort of furry critter out there.

Anyhow...  I ain't gonna shoot Lassie.   ;)

Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

BuyLowSellHigh

As best I can tell it does look a bit like a red wolf.  But if it is you have very rare sighting.  There are only supposed to be about two packs left in the US, and as far as I know none in KY unless someone started another attempt to reintroduce them.  They formally went extinct in the wild in the early 80's.

It could be a coyote if you have those in your area.  They are very commonly mistaken for wolves.  Or it could be a wolf hybrid, either lost or out roaming.  Most of the hybrids are pretty good natural hunters and a bunch of them "get lost".  In either case most experts can't tell for sure without a DNA test.

hal4uk

BLSH, I'm a Kentucky native, but currently transplanted in central Illinois...
Whatever it is, I'm glad my cats stay INDOORS.
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

BuyLowSellHigh

Quote from: hal4uk on November 17, 2010, 09:57:15 AM
BLSH, I'm a Kentucky native, but currently transplanted in central Illinois...

Oops, I knew that ... and forgot it too.   When I see Hal I think Paducah.  Sorry.   :-[

There have been gray wolves (Timberwolves) in northern IL.  It's rare and they are singular (so is the beast you've seen).  Over the last decade the ones found, usually mistakenly killed during coyote hunting, have all been attributed to evictions from the native packs in WI.  So just maybe ...

Keep the cats inside and don't leave those prized ribs you are famous for unattended either.   

RAF128

Quote from: Caneyscud on November 17, 2010, 08:02:58 AM
They seem to be adapting to residential areas rather well around here.  I will say, I never see any stray dogs or cats anymore.  

They sure due and they're everywhere.    And if you have one around you won't be bothered with stray and ferral cats either.   I've seen them here in the city.   Of course we've also had sightings of cougar in the city.   Seems the authorities shot one in the city a while back.   We also get moose and deer that come to town for the night life ;) :D

KyNola

OMG!  Hal wants to draw down on Rin Tin Tin!  Run Rinnie run! :D

I'm thinking my AR15 would handle that little job for you but the neighbor in that big fine house behind where Rinnie is standing might become just the least little bit testy about getting hit by "friendly" fire.  Unless of course you don't like the b@st@rd, and in that case...... fire away!

squirtthecat

One of those houses belongs to the County Sheriff...    :D