• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Bambi Bologna/SS

Started by NePaSmoKer, November 18, 2010, 04:48:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Have 5 pounds hanging to dry up some before smoker hang. Got 2, 2lb chubs and a 1 lb ring.

Always be clean and wipe down everything  ;D

Ready......set......stuff  :D

Drying the casings some.

TestRocket

From the doe that ran into the car?

I know a guy that gets a road kill almost every year. Last year he had to drive 75 feet off the road to get it!   ;D 

Sailor

Making up 5 pounds of Summer Sausage from road kill is "free" meat.  And sure beats letting the meat rot on the side of the road.  I love free road kill. ;D

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

SouthernSmoked

Quote from: TestRocket on November 18, 2010, 05:39:59 AM
From the doe that ran into the car?

I know a guy that gets a road kill almost every year. Last year he had to drive 75 feet off the road to get it!   ;D 

Heck Yeah, time to get my dear hunting equipment out...

:D ;D ;D :D ;)
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

NePaSmoKer

goblism

Looking good...those picked up some very nice color.  Very tempted to buy some of the venison casing like that...but the clears are so cheap!

jiggerjams

It's the killer B's tonight. First I seen burgers, then butts, now this delish looking bambi bologna. I am dyin here...in a good way! Rock and roll guys rock and roll. Nice very nice.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: goblism on November 18, 2010, 07:54:51 PM
Looking good...those picked up some very nice color.  Very tempted to buy some of the venison casing like that...but the clears are so cheap!
The venison casings that Nepas used are $7 for a bundle of 10. ($1.43 ea)
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

goblism

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on November 19, 2010, 12:00:13 PM
Quote from: goblism on November 18, 2010, 07:54:51 PM
The venison casings that Nepas used are $7 for a bundle of 10. ($1.43 ea)

Where do you get them?  The clear's I am using right now are $0.40 ea

Tenpoint5

I get them at a local locker plant that does a bunch of processing. I have some other contacts that if there is enough interest. I might be able to purchase in bulk. Or point you in that direction and you can order them in bulk.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

lumpy

I love stuffing sausage and always make sure that I do at least 10LBs at a time but I have to admit.......
I really hate the cleanup of the stuffer and smoker racks.

Lumpy

NePaSmoKer

mybad