Mies Chicken Breasts

Started by DTAggie, November 23, 2010, 08:12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DTAggie

Was in Ft. Worth yesterday so I stopped by Rodak's.  Spent about 30 minutes talking with the owner Marvin and sampling several of his products.  Could have stayed an hour longer gathering useful info from Marvin and sampling everything in the place.  What I really went for was Mies.  After seeing all the great posts on this stuff I had to get my hands on some.  Used it on four boneless, skinless chicken breasts and then cooked on the Weber charcoal grill.  I have to say, this stuff rocks.  I used the extra browning on this one but purchased a package of each.  The family absolutely loved it.  In fact, son was eating the little bit of leftovers this morning for breakfast.

OU812

Man those chicken brests look gooooood.

I so gotta try that Mies, been so busy with deer season lately I aint been able to cook.  :'(

DTAggie

OU812, yes you have to try it.  So easy to use and the chicken stayed very moist.  Marvin Rodak says he uses it on almost anything, even zucchini.  I have to try that next.

SnellySmokesEm

DT - The stuff is great.  Between the mies and my new SRG, my wide is "chickened" out lol. 
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

OU812

We were gonna try some on a a thinly sliced deer loin last night but got busy tryin to get all the deer in the freezer.

didnt get done till bout 11:00 lastnight.

3 down, 3 to go.

DTAggie

dang OU, how many did you shoot, 6? where is your lease at?

OU812

I got 2, Taby got 2 and Malakie got 2.

We still have 4 tags left.

Its been a good year, so far.

DTAggie

OU812

I was wounderin what your side dish is, kinda looks like a rice dish.

Me likes rice.  ;D

SouthernSmoked

Dang David, That looks good!

I really enjoy using the Mies Breading.
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

DTAggie

OU- yes it was brown rice and some sauteed green beans and squash.  Has anyone tried Mies on fish?

SnellySmokesEm

I tried it on talpaia and it turned out really well.  I know, I know.... Cue the "Talapia Sucks brigade"  haha   ;D ;D ;D ;D
http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=18921.0
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

OU812

Quote from: SnellySmokesEm on November 23, 2010, 11:20:55 AM
I tried it on talpaia and it turned out really well.  I know, I know.... Cue the "Talapia Sucks brigade"  haha   ;D ;D ;D ;D

Talpala is gooood, we like it with lemon pepper.

DTAggie

Tenpoint5

Quote from: SnellySmokesEm on November 23, 2010, 08:28:04 AM
DT - The stuff is great.  Between the mies and my new SRG, my wide is "chickened" out lol. 
I am Sooooo gonna tell Stephanie about this one!!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!