• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

stuffing question...

Started by dAWGS, November 24, 2010, 11:16:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dAWGS

if im using ECA it says not to grind the meat containg the ECA.   what if im using a grinder to stuff the casing?  how would i do it without disrupting the ECA?

RickWL63

When stuffing with a grinder, you usually take out the grinding plate and blade to put on your stuffer attachments.  That way you are not grinding the meat, just having the stuffer force the product into your tubes.

dAWGS

the grinder im using is OLD.   the blade sits on the auger end then the plate sits on the blade and hold the auger from coming out

dAWGS

i can remover the blade and use a very coarse plate.   that would work but would it be OK?

NePaSmoKer

When using a grinder to stuff with, normally the blade and plate are off and a stuffing star is used in place to keep the auger in. The star is just that with a hole in the middle just like your plate has.

dAWGS

maybe thats what i have then....thought it was a coarse grind plate

dAWGS

haha   funny thing.   as i typed...my bell rang and my stuffer tube kit arrived.   came with a stuffer star.   thanks for the info

RickWL63

Happy stuffing.  You may like it, but I found it troubling to stuff through the grinder for consistency in my sausage tubes.  After using the 3/4 HP Cabela's grinder for two deer seasons, I went out and purchased a Cabela's 20-lb stuffer.  Can't wait to use it.  I have 50 lbs of ground venison in the freezer in 10-lb bags waiting my next projects....  ;D