• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Poly bag tape dispenser

Started by goblism, November 24, 2010, 03:16:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goblism

I know this isn't exactly sausage type of information, but this past weekend we butchered two smaller hogs (Approximately 200lbs and 240lbs) and we ended up making 75lbs of brats (Witts seasoning is fantastic by the way), 25lbs of ring bologna (Fantastic as well, local butchers recipe...need to get that recipe!!!), 25lbs breakfast sausage, and 40lbs of ground pork.

We put the ground pork and breakfast sausage into 1lb poly bags and used a poly bag sealer like this to seal the bags.
http://www.alliedkenco.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/942?osCsid=b27bce2b191666bc9d8e25c7c4001da5

We only ground the ground pork one time through a fine plate and the guy running the grinder couldn't keep up with us stuffing them into the bags.  We were using a #22 grinder and a 15lb stuffer, took only 15 minutes total for the breakfast sausage (ground twice, once with course, than seasoning, mixed for 2 minutes, and than through the fine) and ground pork.  Simply a great tool that I suggest everyone who makes any ground product that will be fried up later to purchase.

Wish I could have gotten pictures of the brats, we had a couple of casings that held almost 20lbs of meat...one big bratwurst at first!

OU812

I gots one of those thingys and love it. We stuff in 1, 2 and 5 ld bags.

Sure cuts packageing time waaaaaay down.

RAF128

I saw one of those in one of the many catelogues that come to the house.   I want to get one.   And the bags are a great idea.   Those are on my list too.

goblism

I didn't think it was going to work all that well, but man it is SLICK, plus bags are cheap if you order at least a 100.  We were fitting about 30oz per bag, it was for a family of 12, so 30oz of meat is about perfect for them (7 of the kids are under 10 years old)

Habanero Smoker

I use to have one of those, and also a handheld model. I got it because it was leftover equipment, when our jobs changed locations. They work very well.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

NePaSmoKer

I have one too. Great little tool to have.