• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

It's on the way

Started by SL2010, November 26, 2010, 05:52:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SL2010

After much research and advice from you guys i ordered this grinder http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Commercial-Grade-Electric-Grinders/744936.uts
now i need to know where the place to order casing's from i have found a couple sites but i am not sure thanks for all the help NEPAS soon i will be pestering you for some recipes i will post pics of my new toy on my first grinder/stuff

Sailor

Wow!  What a grinder.  Go big or go home!   ;D  That is a nice machine and will last you a life time. 

I get my supplies from 3 places depending what I am wanting.  Allied Kenco http://www.alliedkenco.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/32?osCsid=4d5fd14d7f37adf0de516b0a6223036b is top notch and Bradely friendly.

Butcher & Packer http://www.butcher-packer.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=85&zenid=948dd49e1d7075b3b58c253eaf3da823 has good prices too.

LEM https://www.lemproducts.com/category/s?keyword=casings is another place that I order from.

Welcome to the ranks of the sausage makers.

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

beefmann

SL2010

Thanks i will book mark them now i was wondering if it would be better to buy a snack stick kit for my first go to make sure  i get the spices and cure right  i can not wait i am going to get a small shed today for my smoker this NW PA weather is starting to suck REAL bad

Sailor

Nothing wrong with getting a kit.  Several of the guys swear by the A C Legg's 112 snack stix mix.  Some places sell the casing and the mix together.  Search around to find the best price.  I have not tried the 112 but from what I have heard is that it is very good.  I will order some when I place my next order for goodies.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Sailor on November 26, 2010, 07:40:17 AM
Nothing wrong with getting a kit.  Several of the guys swear by the A C Legg's 112 snack stix mix.  Some places sell the casing and the mix together.  Search around to find the best price.  I have not tried the 112 but from what I have heard is that it is very good.  I will order some when I place my next order for goodies.

I'm really liking the 116 stick mix
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Sailor

I made a typo....I was meaning the 116 mix.  Thanks 10.5  ;D

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on November 26, 2010, 07:50:51 AM
Quote from: Sailor on November 26, 2010, 07:40:17 AM

I'm really liking the 116 stick mix

Its is good mix. Try it as a rub on a butt  ;D

SL2010

thanks again thats another bookmarked site

classicrockgriller

bigcatdaddy

I just ordered the 3/4 hp Cabelas Grinder a few minutes ago and I just got my stuffer the other day.  I'm almost there, just a few more things and I'll be on my way!!!

I can't wait!!!!

BCD

bundy

I've had the 1 1/2 hp Cabelas grinder the past couple of years and have had no problem what so ever, GOOD CHOICE!

SL2010

Nice they have very good reviews i cant wait all i know is i aint waiting till Dec25 to open it and play with my new toy

Sailor

Did you get a stuffer yet?

Hoss

That is identical to the one I bought a couple years back for processing deer.  I love mine, so nice buy!
Life is not like a box of chocolates.  It's more like a jar of jalapenos - What you do Today might really burn your ass tomorrow.