• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

??? Mystery package ???

Started by DarqMan, November 28, 2010, 04:36:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarqMan

Yesterday I was expecting a couple package from Amazon to show up.  When the UPS lady arrived, she had "three" packages instead of two.  All three package had a huge rubber band around them and after the driver left, I noticed the top one had the label ripped off.  That made me wonder how in the world she even knew it was for me?  I opened the mystery box first and inside on top was a note that said:

For DarqMOM
Press once.  Repeat as necessary.

The contents of the box was a Staples "Easy" button. I use the DarqMan user name on other forums but this is the only forum I've mentioned my mother's recent surgery.  Even so, I still don't see how it all ties in.

So, can anyone here help with the packages origin? The easy button is cool, but I'm baffled as to why I received it and the meaning of the note??  ??? ??? ???
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.

classicrockgriller

The Easy Button (not from me) is just a tension releaser.

I think someone cares about you and knows you have had a

recent run of bad luck.

Take it as a compliment to being thought of.

BTW, how is Mom?

DarqMan

Thanks Sonny, I guess when you put it that way it makes sense.  Thank you to whoever did send it. 

Mom is doing A LOT better.  She is walking more each day and has a great attitude.  I went over and took care of Thanksgiving dinner this year and she did real good eating. 
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

classicrockgriller

Quote from: DarqMan on November 28, 2010, 04:47:19 PM
Thanks Sonny, I guess when you put it that way it makes sense.  Thank you to whoever did send it. 

Mom is doing A LOT better.  She is walking more each day and has a great attitude.  I went over and took care of Thanksgiving dinner this year and she did real good eating. 

It is a Good Thing! Someone cares and that's always good.

Glad you guys had a Good Thanksgiving together.

BuyLowSellHigh

All good the hear, Steve, and good to see you back .
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

Tenpoint5

Steve,
I Having a little knowledge as to where the EASY Button came from, can say this. The EASY button is not for YOU!! It is for you to give to your Mother, hence "For DarqMom". The EASY button is ment to assist her in her recovery. When she is having a bad day all she has to do is hit the EASY button and make things better and easier.

Don't ask I aint telling who sent it ;D ;D
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

jiggerjams

OU812

Bout this time last year my dad had a major hart attack and was in surgery within hours.

Then a mystery sender  ::) sent me one of them easy bottons to give to my old man.

Belive me they work, brought the old mans spirits up real quick.

Seen him this weekend and he is out power walkin almost every day.

Good to here your mom is doin better.

TMB

I got one of those buttons and it works (as long as I used my good hand  ;)  )  I think it's great for people to care that much.

That is why this forum is so great the PEOPLE!

Glad your Mom is better and I'll keep her in my prayers

Tommy
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

DarqMan

Thanks guys.  I stopped by tonight after work to see her but didn't have the easy button with me. But when I told her someone had sent it for her, her eyes lite up.  So tomorrow, I will have it with me. 

Chris, thanks for the call today.  I needed a break from work and it was nice to speak with you. I stored your number in my contacts so when I have a question about that deer brine..... ;D

classicrockgriller

We have an Angel on the Forum that sends out the Easy Buttons.

And He is a good guy for doing it.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: DarqMan on November 29, 2010, 05:27:57 PM
Thanks guys.  I stopped by tonight after work to see her but didn't have the easy button with me. But when I told her someone had sent it for her, her eyes lite up.  So tomorrow, I will have it with me. 

Chris, thanks for the call today.  I needed a break from work and it was nice to speak with you. I stored your number in my contacts so when I have a question about that deer brine..... ;D

See It is working already!!! No problem Steve give me a call when your ready. Just don't be getting your deer with the Harley this time!! :o ;D
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

DarqMan

I got over to see Mom tonight and took the "Easy" button.  She thought it was so cool and placed it on the table next to her recliner where she sits.  She must have hit it a dozen times before I left, so yes, I'd say it IS working.  Thanks to the mystery sender for cheering my Mother (and me) up ;D

classicrockgriller

Quote from: DarqMan on December 02, 2010, 05:51:25 PM
I got over to see Mom tonight and took the "Easy" button.  She thought it was so cool and placed it on the table next to her recliner where she sits.  She must have hit it a dozen times before I left, so yes, I'd say it IS working.  Thanks to the mystery sender for cheering my Mother (and me) up ;D

I heard it works great!

That's kewl Darq!

BuyLowSellHigh

I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here