new bradley smoker owner - curing & smoking

Started by red_herrings, July 22, 2005, 06:29:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red_herrings

i would suggest to all people wanting to expand on their smoking skills to pick up a copy of "the smoked-foods cookbook", sells for 18.95. well worth the investment.

Phone Guy

Hello Red,
What can you share with us about the book? Also where did you find it?

red_herrings

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Phone Guy</i>
<br />Hello Red,
What can you share with us about the book? Also where did you find it?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

basically it is a resource that everyone who is practicing the art of smoking foods needs to have. no sense in re-inventing the wheel, people have been smoking food since they "invented" fire. might as well use someone else's guidelines for avoiding botulism as well as bad ideas.
here is a link to amazon - and hey it's on sale for 13.57!
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0811701166/qid=1122055996/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/102-6055444-4028160?v=glance&s=books
happy reading!

things go better with...smoke!

JJC

Just ordered the book, since I was placing an order through Amazon anyway . . . great price, and if RH is right it's a bargain.  I'll try to read through it in August and chime in with my thoughts, too.

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

Habanero Smoker

I have that book. I could be wrong, haven't check out the book for several months, but I found their cures/brines to have way too much salt for my needs. I also found their instructions vague, and occasionally inaccurate. I did use one of their marinades for smoked duck, which came out alright. Right now it is packed away in one of several boxes. When I dig it out, I'll give it a second look.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)