Cue the crickets

Started by ronbeaux, November 30, 2010, 02:40:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronbeaux

I had my heart set on making spicey snack sticks today. I checked the UPS tracking number and it said it was in my town and in transist so I went ahead and mixed everything up anticipating arrival of my casings and small stuffing tube. NOT! Didn't happen. Checked the tracking number again and it said 'tendered to local post office.' So now BOTH the mailman and UPS left me hanging.

Everything back in the fridge until tomorrow...........

Sure was looking forward to smoking those spicey snack sticks today!
The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

ArnieM

Bummer Ron.  I'm not sure who's worse - FedEx, UPS or USPS.  I've been through a couple of these "hand offs".  The tracking info is pretty much useless.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

TestRocket

Sorry Ron,

But your ready now!   ;D

Keymaster

That bites, If you ordered the 3/8" SS stuffing tube from Lem Have your heat Gun ready to get the sticker off the tube, then I had to use wd40 to get the sticky stuff off and wash it in soap and water, gotta hate those stickers. Can't wait to see them stix  :)

Sailor

Quote from: Keymaster on November 30, 2010, 04:29:13 PM
That bites, If you ordered the 3/8" SS stuffing tube from Lem Have your heat Gun ready to get the sticker off the tube, then I had to use wd40 to get the sticky stuff off and wash it in soap and water, gotta hate those stickers. Can't wait to see them stix  :)

Is that not the truth.....holy cow I tried to pull that label off and said.....HONEY.....I need help....can you get this off I have to go to the store.  I came home and she had it all nice and shiny.  I did not ask how she did it.  I'm thinking she used the mommy spit.  You know that will take anything of anything.  Lucky the kids still have their faces.   ;D

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

ronbeaux

I ordered it from Sausage Maker Inc. It comes with three. Small, medium, and large.

Tenpoint5

Ron,
Why not just run the mix through the smallest tube you have and make some skinless snack stixs. Just run them onto some wax paper so the paper will slide on the counter. Then transfer to your racks and smoke them up. Not sure if you have the frog mats or not but you should have no problem doing them like that if your in a pinch.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

ronbeaux

Mine only came with one tube and it is almost too big to stab hog casings on.

SoCalBuilder

Quote from: Sailor on November 30, 2010, 05:00:31 PM
Is that not the truth.....holy cow I tried to pull that label off and said.....HONEY.....I need help....can you get this off I have to go to the store.  I came home and she had it all nice and shiny.  I did not ask how she did it.  I'm thinking she used the mommy spit.  You know that will take anything of anything.  Lucky the kids still have their faces.   ;D

Now that's funny...I don't care who you are!

Keymaster

Quote from: SoCalBuilder on November 30, 2010, 05:36:10 PM
Quote from: Sailor on November 30, 2010, 05:00:31 PM
Is that not the truth.....holy cow I tried to pull that label off and said.....HONEY.....I need help....can you get this off I have to go to the store.  I came home and she had it all nice and shiny.  I did not ask how she did it.  I'm thinking she used the mommy spit.  You know that will take anything of anything.  Lucky the kids still have their faces.   ;D

Now that's funny...I don't care who you are!
I got a pretty good laugh off that too!!! Sailor can you send me a bottle of that spit  ;D

Keymaster

Quote from: ronbeaux on November 30, 2010, 05:03:34 PM
I ordered it from Sausage Maker Inc. It comes with three. Small, medium, and large.
I don't think those have the stickers on them.  ;D

classicrockgriller

That was embarrassing when Momma pulled out a "Used" tissue

out of the bottom of her purse and spit on it and wash your face

in front of everybody. ;D Momma's Care!

ronbeaux

Yikes, I just remembered. My Mom is 75. SUPER SPIT!

ronbeaux

Hurraww!! The tubes and the casing showed up on the back of a camel today and I put it to use. NOW it's going to be a long night!

The stuffing was surprisingly easy!

Don't rag me about the stack job in the OBS. I need to get me some hanging rods I guess.........

They went in at 110 and I'm holding it for an hour before kicking on the smoke. Maple and hickory mix.

Sailor

Looking good to me.  nuttin wrong with smoking them the the way you have them. 

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.