• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Replacing a Heating Element

Started by thirtydaZe, December 01, 2010, 10:19:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thirtydaZe

My problem hasn't yet been confirmed from Bradley, but waiting for my call back from customer service.

At any rate, i'm going to assume that my heat element in my culprit.

Just a little prep in advance, so can anyone point me to a link or help out on what i'll be getting into as far as replacing the heat element?

Will I be removing the back of the tower, etc, etc.....

If there is anything I'll be able to do before my parts arrive I'd like to get a jump on it so I can make the transition as swift as possible and get back into the smoking game... 8)

DBS 6 Rack
Auber PID 1202 Dual Probe
Yoder Cheyenne 16

lumpy

Everything you need to do to replace the burner will be inside the smoker and all you need is a small adjustable, vise grips and a screwdriver. The replacement should take no longer than 30 minutes unless you want to give your smoker a good cleaning while the burner is out.

thirtydaZe

ok, great.

hopefully it all goes as planned!

DBS 6 Rack
Yoder Cheyenne 16

Bradley (Head Office)

Replacing the heat element is a fairly easy task.

Start by UNPLUGING THE SMOKER FROM THE WALL OUTLET

Open the smoker door and remove the four Phillip's head screws (two in each side of the white porcelain insulators)

Take a good look as to how the wire guard and reflector are installed and remove them.

Gently pull the heat element out slightly about 1 inch or so (don't pull to far or you will pull the wires off the plug in the rear of the tower)

Remove the nut on each end of the heat element and remove the element.

Reinstall as above.

BE CAREFULL WHEN TIGHTENING THE SCREWS ON THE INSULATORS THEY ONLY NEED TO BE SNUG.

If your new element does not work double check that you didn't pull a wire of the back plug.

Brian.

thirtydaZe

Quote from: Bradley (Head Office) on December 01, 2010, 03:21:53 PM
Replacing the heat element is a fairly easy task.

Start by UNPLUGING THE SMOKER FROM THE WALL OUTLET

Open the smoker door and remove the four Phillip's head screws (two in each side of the white porcelain insulators)

Take a good look as to how the wire guard and reflector are installed and remove them.

Gently pull the heat element out slightly about 1 inch or so (don't pull to far or you will pull the wires off the plug in the rear of the tower)

Remove the nut on each end of the heat element and remove the element.

Reinstall as above.

BE CAREFULL WHEN TIGHTENING THE SCREWS ON THE INSULATORS THEY ONLY NEED TO BE SNUG.

If your new element does not work double check that you didn't pull a wire of the back plug.

Brian.

Perfect!

Thank You very much, exactly what I was looking for!

DBS 6 Rack
Yoder Cheyenne 16

lumpy

I said the same thing just in less words :D :D

Brian's got you covered.